Who doesn’t like Mexican? Its simple food, but somehow the flavors are so vibrant and delicious. I was also shocked at how gorgeous the finished product looked.
This is a beginner version for using peppers which have tons of beta carotene and vitamin C. With the remaining bell pepper, I cut it into cubes for Kenya to eat as finger food. You could add a little chili powder to add spice, but I didn’t want it to over power the other flavors, so instead I added the fresh cilantro.
I let Kenya press the button on the food processor and he was chatting away, begging to scoop it out and let him try a bite. This one is a total hit with babies.
We used these to make this recipe_
Mexican Chicken Puree
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- Place chicken in a steamer pot over boiling water. Let steam for 4 minutes.
- Add the bell add continue to steam another 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree. You can use some of the chicken stock from the steamer pan or the juice from the canned tomatoes to make it smooth.
- Cool and serve.