Chocolate Almond Fondue

Chocolate Almond Fondue

chocolate-almond-sauce.jpg

Valentine's Day is only a couple of weeks away and I've been thinking about all the yummy recipes that I can make for the Valentines in my life. Someone on the Weelicious Facebook page suggested making fondue, which I thought was a perfect idea. What better way to get your little ones (and not so little ones) excited about eating than to give them a dessert that requires dipping!

Fondue is simpler to make than it sounds and the only issue for me was the amount of sugar normally found in most chocolate fondue recipes. After a bit of trial and error, I came up with this recipe that is smooth, creamy and perfect for dipping fresh fruits into. Even better, your kids will get a boost of protein from the almond butter, so they'll get strong muscles to give you loads of loving hugs!

Chocolate Almond Fondue  (Makes 3/4 Cup)

• 1/4 cup almond butter (i use smooth)
  • 1/4 cup agave or honey
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons hot water

1. 1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
  2. 2. Serve with sliced fresh fruit.
Chocolate Almond Fondue

Comments

1. Samana Gardezi

March 3, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I just made it and the whole thing ‘vanished’ among my 31 year old brother & a four year old daughter! :)

2. anayasmama

January 19, 2013 at 2:14 pm

this is great! just made it for my super-picky, skinny 4 year old. It is simple and truly deeelish! I loved watching her gooble up all that almond butter. We ate it with pears & grahams crackers. I wonder, how long will it keep in the fridge? Would be great as a Nutella substitute too — ever read the ingredients on that stuff?

January 21, 2013 at 12:24 pm

It’ll keep in the fridge for about a week!

3. Alyssa

February 8, 2010 at 12:53 pm

This looks awesome,thanks for sharing.. I’ll have to try it! The only problem with my son is that he likes to dip things then lick the sauce off then dip again and lick. haha (:
    If you’re looking for a good quick store bought snack try Ann’s House Chocolate Nut Antioxidant -trail mix. My son loves it! And its good for him.

4. marcy riley

February 7, 2010 at 1:21 pm

This is delicious and the perfect chocolate fix!

5. kristen

February 5, 2010 at 7:01 pm

I dont know of a sinle kid that doesn’t love chocolate and fruit. This is a no brainer. When in doubt, mix fruits and candy to get your kids excited about eating.

6. Amedy

January 30, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I love to try this recipe on dinner