PIZZA!!!! That's the only word I tend to hear these days whenever I ask my husband and Kenya what they want for dinner. Our newest Sunday night tradition has become making homemade pizzas together as a family and it's so much fun. One of Kenya's favorite parts is getting to choose the toppings for his side of the pie. We've even found that foods he normally won't eat on their own, become totally appealing to him when tossed on his pizza.
A few Sundays ago when we were making some delicious thin crusted creations, Chloe was on the kitchen floor playing with one of the muffin tins and it gave me a genius idea_ Pizza Muffins! Why, you may ask? Why not! Pizza is crunchy, cheesy, delicious, totally kid-friendly and when it's cooked in the shape of a muffin, it just adds a cool twist to the same old slice that you're used to. When I told my husband about my inspiration for this recipe, the first thing he said was, "thank goodness Chloe wasn't playing with a jello mold when you thought this one up".
Pizza Muffins (Makes 16-18 Cups)
- 1 Lb <a href=\"http://b12.ba4.myftpupload.com/2009/02/24/whole-wee-eat-pizza-dough/\">Whole Wee-Eat Pizza Dough</a>
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
- Olive Oil
Preparation1. Bring dough to room temperature and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Roll out the dough to a thin 18 x 12 rectangle and cut into squares about 3 x 3 inches.
3. Grease mini muffin cups and place one square in each cup, making sure that the corners of the dough are sticking out.
4. Brush edges of dough with olive oil.
5. Par-bake dough for 8 minutes and take tins out of oven.
6. Pour 1 tsp of sauce in each cup and evenly distribute the cheese between the cups (you can add toppings now as well).
7. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Cool and serve.
Mushrooms, Ham, Red Peppers, Olives or whatever you and your kids love. The possibilities are endless