Carrot Snack Sticks Program

The tips in this video will make preparing these Carrot Snack Sticks a total breeze even if you have no idea how to cook!

We used this to make this recipe:

Comments

1. Anna

September 3, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Oh my goodness! I just made these and substituted the flour with 1/3 c all purpose flour, 1/3 wheat germ, 1/3 whole wheat flour. It turned out awesome! My son loves them sooooo much!

2. Mer

February 19, 2014 at 12:37 pm

You rock……
    New to your site but it has everything a mom to a toddler would want…
    Gonna try these tonight…thx for spending all day in the kitchen!

3. Sylvie

May 23, 2013 at 10:49 am

I just checked out your video and these look fabulous. My 18-month old is on a carb kick and refuses to eat veggies or fruits! Do these carrot sticks freeze well? Should I freeze on a cookie sheet prior to baking or after they have baked?

4. Bianca

July 14, 2012 at 3:31 pm

hello just tried making these today and the dough didn’t form a ball. It was crumbly even after 20 mins of working it. I followed the recipe but ended up throwing it.

July 16, 2012 at 11:45 am

Oh no! I wish I were there to see the entire process! Here is the written recipe if that helps: http://weelicious.com/2010/06/03/carrot-snack-sticks/ Make sure to grate the carrots with a fine grater, you really want them to be small pieces, and don’t squeeze the liquid out of them! Try adding another teaspoon of oil to the dough and that might help it come together easier.

5. Jackie

May 12, 2012 at 6:16 pm

FYI, these bake beautifully on stoneware. I used the Pampered Chef rectangular shape. Nice and crispy, didn’t need the parchment at all (good thing since I didn’t have any).

6. Custom Vending Solution

April 5, 2012 at 1:30 am

It’s really a nice and useful piece of info. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

7. Pingback: healthy food should be yummy food « crunchypicklechips

8. crackers

December 5, 2011 at 7:40 pm

You’re in point of fact a good webmaster. The web site loading velocity is amazing. It kind of feels that you’re doing any unique trick. In addition, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve done a excellent job on this matter!

9. Angela

August 29, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I just made these carrot snack sticks for my 1yo daughter and we both love them! This is a definite repeat recipe for us. Thanks for all the great recipes!

10. Erika

August 20, 2011 at 12:08 pm

These are great and my picky eater loved it. What other veggies besides carrots can I make this recipe with? We have since stopped buying “goldfish colors” since he thinks it kind of tastes similar, but I think he would eat more if it were fun and colorful(without using food coloring). I’m happy since that would save money and this is much healthier..

• Kim Saf

July 28, 2012 at 9:56 am

You can make natural food coloring with beet juice, etc. Just google it :) Plus, I ‘ve seen yellow and red carrots before. Maybe you could find some at a farmer’s market and mix it up?

11. Missy

May 9, 2011 at 9:01 pm

at what age are these carrot/pharm sticks appropriate for. I have ten month old b/g twins and make all their food and just found your site and I am loving it

12. goebs02

October 16, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Thanks so much for the video! I can’t wait to try these today. I’m wondering if anyone has tried these with other veggies too. My son loves bread/crackers right now and I’m looking for ways to incorporate some more veggies in them. What about zucchini? Summer squash?

13. Pingback: − Microwave homemade potato chips?!

14. Brandy

August 16, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Thank you for posting the video! I tried to make these a few weeks ago and ended up throwing out the batter because I couldn’t get it to come together. It was just crumbly and falling apart. I didn’t realize I needed to work with it for several minutes to distribute the oil! I can’t wait to try these again!

15. Amy

August 14, 2010 at 8:04 pm

My son is allergic to milk. Any chance you’ve ever tried these (or any of your other recipes that call for parm cheese) with nutritional yeast as a sub? Thanks!

August 16, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Hmm, haven’t tried it with nutritional yeast but I’m sure it would work out great! Let me know if you try them. I would do the same measurements as the parm :)

• Tina

August 15, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I make them without the parm and add nutritional yeast and even a little garlic powder-they’re GREAT! Totally agree with other posters-if you’re going to make them (which I do all the time) definitely double the recipe!

• Sarah

August 15, 2010 at 10:50 am

I make them without parm and add garlic powder and Italian seasoning instead – they’re delicious that way. I’ve thought about trying nutritional yeast, but I like them the other way so I don’t want to risk it! :)

• Amy

August 15, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Thanks, Sarah! I’ll have to give that a try. :)

• Catherine

August 15, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Such a great suggestion! Gives a big B12 boost too!

16. Amanda

August 14, 2010 at 1:47 pm

My twins, and hubby, LOVE these things. I always make a double batch and they still don’t last that long.

17. Jackie

August 14, 2010 at 9:44 am

Hi – are there more then one type of microplane graters? ie cheese, lemon zest, chocolate?? I think mine might be a lemon zester one…which type should be used for this recipe?

18. Cindy

August 14, 2010 at 8:46 am

just made these. yummy, but seem salty.

19. marla {family fresh cooking}

August 14, 2010 at 6:47 am

Your video is great! These carrot snack sticks look awesome. The kids would come running for these for sure!!

20. Pingback: Brief History of Vending Machines | Tebook.Com