Raspberry Banana Puree

Raspberry Banana Puree

Yum

If you had told me two years ago that I would have a third baby I would have laughed at the thought. I had everything I ever wanted, a healthy boy and girl, a husband I adore, a business that’s fulfilling and gets me excited every day and a bunch of other things like friends, family and hobbies that keep me more than busy. My life was full of love and kept me busy every minute of the day. A year a half ago, though, my husband suggested the idea of a third, I sat on it for a year and then one day, tada… Gemma magically appeared (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!)

Weelicious began 9 years ago as a baby food puree site offering tips and ideas on making fresh recipes for little ones and here I am today starting all over again. The best part is that I have all of these purees to try out on baby number three to see how she likes them. She already loves homemade rice and oatmeal cereal and a few other purees I can’t wait for you to try on your new eater. I’ve even been looking through Weelicious. One Family. One Meal. to remind myself of other favorites.

Raspberry Banana Puree from weelicious.com

With summer upon us I’ve been trying out purees with the bounty of seasonal foods like Banana Avocado Mousse, Potato Kale Cheese Puree, Spinach and Broccoli Puree and Beet Puree. If you want a baby food puree that uses fresh berries you have to watch this Raspberry Banana Puree video where Gemma tries it for the first time. Her faces trying it for the first time are priceless. The best part is that you don’t need to cook anything, so it only takes seconds to prepare with ingredients you pick.

If you have any questions about offering babies food, feel free to leave them below and don’t forget to tag your pics on social media with #weelicious, so I can see your little one eating food too!

Raspberry Banana Puree

I love February 14th — what girl doesn’t — so I start experimenting early with new Valentine’s Day recipes (TUNE IN NEXT WEEK!). For the occasion, I stocked up at the Farmer’s Market on baskets of fresh, juicy red raspberries. I was mashing...

• 1 banana, peeled
  • 1/2 cup raspberries, rinsed

1. 1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree, or place in a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth.
Raspberry Banana Puree

Comments

1. baljit

October 14, 2015 at 1:31 pm

i am going to try this sounds yummy

2. Pingback: Baby food recipes we love | New Little Wonders

3. Pingback: 8 Healthy Homemade Purée Recipes to Prepare for Your Baby

4. Pingback: 5 Baby Food Recipes You can Make in Your Blender | Blendtec Blog

5. TGilmore

December 30, 2013 at 10:30 pm

For a purée like this, how would you recommend storing it? In the fridge and for how long? Is there a way I could store something like this at room temperature like in the portable pouches?

6. Pingback: Pregnancy Awareness » » Raspberry Banana Puree for Baby…and Me

7. makeupbysophie

May 20, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Hi :) how long can this be stored in the freezer?

May 20, 2013 at 6:35 pm

up to 3 months!

8. Pingback: Baby food making craze | Peace and Love + Healthy

9. Danielle

April 17, 2012 at 8:12 am

Im pregnant with my first baby and I thought to myself how I would love to make my own baby food when it comes to starting my little one on solids, I have to say I have never been happier to find a website in my life! Ever recipe Is fresh and looks so so easy to make! I have now downloaded the app and it’s safe to say when my baby is 6 months this will be my bible!! :)

Keep up the fantastic work!
    Danielle x

April 17, 2012 at 11:32 am

Congratulations on your first baby! I hope to see you around here more. :)

10. Tamile

April 15, 2012 at 9:40 am

I think I would only feel comfortable giving my 6 month old this if the raspberries were strained and the seeds taken out. I have heard too many reports of babies digestive system not handling the seeds very well.

11. Pingback: ERGObaby Blog | Raspberry Banana Puree

12. Pingback: Day 76 First Popsicle « 365 Photos

13. Jeanne

January 22, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I made this for my boy, Reagan Joshua, at 6-1/2 mos. At first he wasn’t sure but now he loves it. I put it on his oatmeal too and he loves it on that as well. I didn’t think this was too sweet, in fact I thought it was a little tangy so I sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. I showed the recipe to my mom and she liked for herself (though not mashed) but to put on top of ice cream!

Thanks, this site is a real find for a first time mom who is trying to make sure her boy eats more nutritiously than she does! I am sharing it with all my friends too.

14. Pingback: Raspberry Banana Puree – weelicious.com | Scrub Life

15. Mj

June 28, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I made this but i put a little vanilla yogurt! It was so yummy! :)

16. Pingback: ERGOparent Online Magazin » Bananen-Himbeer-Püree

17. Jen @ Canadian Rhapsody

April 20, 2011 at 12:01 am

I thought raspberries and strawberries weren’t supposed to be introduced until later on because of the allergy risk with the seeds???

• Gabrielle

April 5, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I too thought you weren’t supposed to give berries of any sort to babies at this age. Did you ever get any feedback on this?

18. Maddiesmommy

April 6, 2011 at 1:37 pm

At ehat age do you suggest trying this? I have a 6 motnh old and this looks so yummy to try.

April 6, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Above 6 months would be fine :)

19. Tada! Shop

February 14, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Delicious for the whole family!

20. Wendy

February 8, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I just made this recipe for my 4year old and 15 month old. Both kids loved it! My youngest wanted to lick the bowl. Thanks for this tasty receipe! :-)

21. Darcy

February 6, 2011 at 7:08 pm

What about the raspberry seeds? Did you strain them out?

February 7, 2011 at 3:27 pm

No i just leave them in :)

22. Miss M!

February 1, 2011 at 12:55 am

Not Raspber-wee Banana Puree? :)

23. Lisa

January 31, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Our farmer’s market doesn’t open until April and raspberries are not in season here in TN yet. However, I use frozen raspberries and frozen bananas to make soft-serve ice cream for my kids in my food processor. It is so easy! And, only two ingredients. They love it!

• dawn

January 31, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Yum! Going to have to try 😉

24. Heidi

January 31, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I made this for my baby this morning for breakfast, but I think it was too sweet for her taste. I think it’ll taste better mixed with plain yogurt for babies that don’t like sweet foods.

February 1, 2011 at 12:28 am

Does she usually like sweet foods like bananas?

25. Leslie

January 31, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Can you use frozen raspberries?

February 1, 2011 at 12:28 am

I haven’t tried frozen raspberries, but I know it would work (although it may have a more liquid texture).

• Catherine M

February 1, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I used frozen raspberries for this recipe. I let them thaw then combined them with the banana. My 20 month old ate it up. Smelled great too!

26. Jennifer

January 31, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Just wondering – where are you getting fresh raspberries at a farmer’s market this time of year?

February 1, 2011 at 12:27 am

Los Angeles, we’re totally spoiled at this time of year!

27. Pingback: The Domestic Diva » Blog Archive » W.E.B. Love: Recipes, Cleaning, & a Flashmob?

28. Lisa {Smart Food & Fit}

January 31, 2011 at 8:06 am

I love making purees. Raspberry banana is a yummy combination!

29. Michelle

January 31, 2011 at 2:24 am

That sounds so great! She does have good taste. I make a similar recipe, but use a frozen banana and it comes out tasting like a frozen dessert!