Super Bowl is here and so is the stress of feeding a huge crowd of people coming over to your house to watch the game. Who wants to be in the kitchen catering to everyone's needs when there are so many awesome commercials to watch -- oh yeah, of course there’s the football game, too! :)
This leads me to the reason you have to make this super easy chili this weekend. Besides the fact that the adults will adore it, your kids will have a ball adorning their chili bowls with tons of accompaniments. Kenya usually covers his with so much shredded cheese you can't tell there's chili under the surface, but he devours it all nevertheless. Make this recipe the night before the game or early in the morning, and all you have to do when everyone shows up is hang out and enjoy the fun!
Four Bean Chili (Serves 8-10)
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil, divided
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 15 oz Can White Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 Oz Can Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 Oz Can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 Oz Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 28 Oz Can Chopped Tomatoes with Juice
- 2 15 Oz Cans Tomato Juice
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Tsp Salt
Preparation1. In a sauté pan over medium heat place 1 tbsp of oil and sauté onions for 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté another minute until the onions start to caramelize, then remove and place in a crock pot.
2. In the same sauté pan, add another tbsp of oil and sauté the ground beef for 5 minutes, breaking down the beef with a wooden spoon until it’s cooked through and most of its juice has evaporated.
3. Add the cooked beef and the remaining ingredients to the crock pot and stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook the chili on low for 8 hours.
5. Top with desired accompaniments and serve.
Sour Cream, Yogurt, Grated Cheddar Cheese, Scallions, Hot Sauce (if you want to take it up a notch)