Cincinnati Chili

Four Bean Chili Spaghetti

Yum

Have you ever had Cincinnati Chili? I know as soon as my husband reads this post he's going to say, "what the heck is Cincinnati Chili?" Growing up in Louisville, Kentucky, one of the restaurants we dined at often was Skyline Chili. Skyline is still around and they make the most incredible chili. Their delicious signature dish is Cincinnati Chili, which is spaghetti, chili and cheddar cheese. Even as a kid, it wasn’t hard to figure out the reason Skyline was always so packed inside. If you've never tried Cincinnati Chili, this recipe is a good place to start. And if you’re following my 5-in-1 recipe series this week, the Four Bean Chili you’re going to have leftover from Super Bowl Sunday forms the base of this dish. Trust me, once you serve this, you're going to make a lot of fast friends!

Four Bean Chili Spaghetti  (Serves 4)

• 2 cups four bean chili
  • 1/2 pkg spaghetti, cooked
  • cheddar cheese, shredded or grated

1. 1. Divide spaghetti into 4 bowls.
  2. 2. Pour 1/2 cup of chili on top of the spaghetti in each bowl and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Four Bean Chili Spaghetti

Comments

1. Pingback: memorias kingston|memorias edo ram|memorias pc|memorias mac

2. Howard Nittler

September 11, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Apple hardware upgrades can be handled as quick as any PC upgrade if your technician is knowledgable in handling Mac products. Another great benefit of choosing Mac that you do not get with a PC purchase, is that you know you are always receiving the highest quality components.

3. stephanie

May 11, 2011 at 2:11 pm

just browsing your recipes and was excited to see you grew up in Lville! i am living there now (going on 5 years) and really enjoy it! in what part of town did you grow up? we live on the north east side close to I-71. very familiar with the skyline chili, but have yet to try it!! guess i will now.

thanks for the great website and all the wonderful recipes…for us cooking challenged out here it’s really amazing!

4. Leah

February 4, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I live in Cincinnati and was so excited to see this post. :-) :-)

5. catherine

February 3, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Skyline is serious business! My husband still can’t believe all the usual foods (to him) that I ate growing up. What’s so weird about chili, pasta and cheese It’s so good!

6. Margie Ashe

February 3, 2011 at 3:22 pm

You’re speaking my language, Catherinel! I grew up in Louisville too (I’m the one who e-mailed you awhile back) and remember eating Skyline Chili on hot days at King’s Island. I recently blogged about a copycat Skyline Chili recipe I tried back in December. Chocolate and cinnamon seem to be key ingredients. Your recipe looks a lot healthier though, so I look forward to trying it!

7. Alyssa

February 3, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I went to college near Cinci and love Skyline chili! Thanks for the recipe!

8. Sherry

February 3, 2011 at 12:39 pm

OMG!! My husband hails from Cincinnati and a couple years ago I took my first trip there with him to visit his family. He raved about this “Skyline” place and was practically drooling the entire car trip. He pulled the car over and brought it to a screeching halt at the very first Skyline in some random strip mall. It was there I also had my first “4-way” and have to say it was quite good! I’m pretty sure we went to Skyline about 4 times during our few day visit. I’m going to make this and see how he thinks it compares! THANKS!

9. Aimee

February 3, 2011 at 11:36 am

Having grown up in Cincinnati (but now living in Iowa), I miss Skyline! This particular dish is called a 3-way (chili, spaghetti, and cheese). All your readers should know, though, that Cincinnati chili is very different from a normal chili – it is slightly sweet due to the different spices (Cinnamon, etc) that they use. So if you’re in the Cincinnati area and have a chance to try it, go for it, but don’t be surprised when it doesn’t taste like “chili” to you!

10. Lisa {Smart Food & Fit}

February 3, 2011 at 9:42 am

This looks good.

11. Joy

February 3, 2011 at 6:44 am

Since you’re doing all these chili recipes, I thought I’d let you know that we did homemade chili cheese fries last night! Sounds unhealthy, but when you make your own “fries” from the recipe you put up several days ago (which I am totally in love with), make your own chili (haven’t checked out your recipe, but mine is always pretty healthy and very low-fat), and make your own cheese sauce (with real cheese and milk), it’s really not as unhealthy as it sounds! And my entire family devoured it!!

• Lisa {Smart Food & Fit}

February 3, 2011 at 9:43 am

Homemade chili fries sounds awesome. Did you use sweet potato fries? That sounds like the perfect comfort food!

February 3, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Hilarious! I love that you posted that idea, since it’s idea number 5 for my chili recipe. I will be up on Friday! I baked the fries too and we all gobbled them up!