Mango Blueberry Puree

There's nothing sweeter to feed a brand new little eater than fresh fruits when they are ripe and in season! Why serve your baby the same old ho-hum applesauce or other single-fruit purée when you can give him or her this creamy, naturally sweet, delicious homemade puree made from a variety of what nature has to offer?

My kids may be way past the baby food stage, but they still love this Mango Blueberry Puree. I frequently put it in their school lunch in place of applesauce. And if my little ones can't get enough of this vitamin-packed puree, I bet your baby won't be able to either!

Mango Blueberry Puree  (8 Baby Servings)

• 1/2 mango, peeled & diced
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1 banana

1. 1. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
  3. * For an extra treat for you, toss all of the ingredients in a blender with 1/2 cup of milk for a delicious and nutritious smoothie!
Mango Blueberry Puree

Comments

1. Pingback: How to Make Homemade Baby Food from Food Storage - Space Coast Preppers

2. Pingback: How to Make Homemade Baby Food from Food Storage / BePrepared

3. Brenda

July 2, 2012 at 11:04 am

I remember seeing a video with blueberries. Like a smoothie. I can’t seem to find it. Is it just in my head? LOL

4. Ashley

April 16, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I just made this for my 10 month old and he liked it alright but my 10 yr old loved it mostly ha ha! Thanks for sharing. It really inspired me to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. This was the first time i have ever bought mangos and i actually picked out papayas thinking they were the mangos at first. I know thats bad but funny to look back at.

5. Noble Pig - Cathy

March 22, 2012 at 2:19 pm

What a great idea…wish I still had some tiny tots around!

6. meghna

March 22, 2012 at 7:01 am

Added some overripe kiwis from my fridge, and then froze the puree in popsicle molds. Yummy, perfect pops!

7. Juanita

March 22, 2012 at 1:29 am

I bet this would be great in a “green” smoothie. My baby girl and I have been addicted to those lately. Thank you so much for all the great recipes. You really helped me when I first started making her baby food. I never bought any jars of baby “food”!

8. Vanessa Jensen

March 21, 2012 at 11:36 pm

where did you get the spoon?

9. Becky

March 21, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Does it freeze well?

10. @HilaryFleming

March 21, 2012 at 5:19 pm

This is maybe a dumb question, but what containers do you use when you send it with the kids? In my experience whenever I use a banana in a puree, it usually turns the mixture a little brown if it sits in a lunch box until lunch, but I’m thinking maybe it has to do with the container. I think my son would love this and I love the idea of subbing for applesauce.

• Katie Z

March 21, 2012 at 9:34 pm

The bananas turn brown due to being “exposed” to air. Your container won’t likely change it. Maybe try adding a little lime juice or “Fruit Fresh” powder (ascorbic and citric acid). Both of these should keep the bananas from browning so much.

11. Sandra Crouch

March 21, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Mmmmmmnn can’t wait to try it!

12. Floortje Hausel

March 21, 2012 at 8:47 am

And not only yammie for babies or bigger kids, also for mum and dad with ice cream or on a sandwich! It tastes like a summer holiday! (after a long winter here in Amsterdam)