Since we drink very little juice and no soda in our house (my husband actually gave up soda 20 years ago) our kids primarily drink herbal tea or sparkling water which we make ourselves. They are happy with that for the most part, but once in a while I like to make them something special like Horchata, Kiddie Cocktail, or a homemade soda like today's recipe.
St Patty's Day is almost here and so I came up with a special holiday themed cocktail that is a take on a mojito (but no booze -- this is family friendly!!). With fresh mint and lime juice and just a touch of honey for sweetness, this virgin cocktail is a real treat for your Blarney celebration or any time of year when you want something healthy and homemade to replace that soda craving.
Lime Mint Soda_ Drink It Up On St Patty's Day (serves 2)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about the juice of one small lime)
- 2 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- 2 cups sparkling or seltzer water
- ice greek yogurt
Preparation1. Place the mint leaves, lime juice, honey and 1/4 cup of the water into a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into two glasses over ice and top with the remaining seltzer water.