Breakfast Pizza

Breakfast Pizza 2

I love eggs.

My husband loves eggs.

Our kids LOVE eggs.

There are plenty of reasons for our family's ouef adoration and whenever we eat eggs in the morning I feel good knowing that my kids are heading out the door to school with a good dose of protein in their bodies. Kenya and Chloe are pretty happy when they see eggs on their breakfast plates, but add the word pizza to the equation and they will certainly tell you I've gone gangbuster delicioso!

That's what happened when I paired two of our families favorites together in this one simple recipe.

Feel free to make this meal your own and top your pizza with cooked bacon, breakfast sausage, or any of your other preferred breakfast toppings.

While you're at it, have some early morning fun and get the kids involved in making their own pizza. It's easy to do and you'll send everyone off for their day with egg lovin', happy bellies!

Breakfast Pizza  (makes 4 mini pizzas)

I love eggs. My husband loves eggs. Our kids LOVE eggs. There are plenty of reasons for our family's ouef adoration and whenever we eat eggs in the morning I feel good knowing that my kids are heading out the door to school with a good dose of...

• 1 recipe pizza dough*
  • 4 large eggs
  • cooked bacon or breakfast sausage, crumbled
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1. 1. Preheat oven to 400°F
  2. 2. Cut pizza dough into 4 even pieces and shape each piece into a 5-inch round. Using you fingertips, press the dough down about 1/2 inch from the edge to create a raised crust. This will help prevent the egg from running off the edge.
  3. 3. Gently crack 1 egg on top of each pizza dough round, sprinkle with salt, cheese and crumbled bacon or your preferred toppings.**
  4. 4. Bake for 12 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is melted.
  5. *Note: You can also whisk together the eggs and salt and evenly divide the mixture then pour evenly on top of each pizza.
Breakfast Pizza

Comments

1. Sara

April 6, 2014 at 8:20 am

This was ok. Nothing special. Had a tough time getting the egg to cook all the way through. More like 25 mins than 12. I partially baked the crust with corners folded up which helped the eggs stay on the crust vs running off the sides. Still the runny centers and extra time to fix was too troublesome. The crust overwhelmed the dish so it was really more like pizza than eggs. I’ll stick with quiche for a baked egg dish.

2. Pingback: Tree Classics Favorite Recipes: Weekend Breakfast Ideas | Tree Classics Blog - Artificial Tree Inspiration and Know How

3. Nimrit

May 24, 2013 at 7:48 pm

love this recipe, i am allergic to gluten so i made it on different pizza dough but it still turned out being delicous
    could you give more gluten free recipes

• twifenmom

July 29, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I agree! I love your recipes, but want to see more GF!

4. Alicia P

May 21, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Yes, the egg ran over the edges, but my kids still loved it!

5. Marissa

May 21, 2013 at 9:17 am

I had a problem with the whole egg running off of the crust too. Little dude ended up with scrabbled eggs and sausage for dinner (he certainly wasn’t complaining though). I wonder if this would work better if the dough was cooked a bit before the eggs were put on? Or if it was one big pizza instead of 4 smaller ones? I will definitely give this recipe a try again – just need to do some tweaking with the dough.

6. Pingback: Friday Faves May 17, 2013

7. Amanda

May 18, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I’ve made these with thick-sliced whole wheat bread and they’re delicious! I just pushed down a depression in the middle of the bread, which held the egg quite well. I also butter the bottom side and place them on parchment paper. I especially like them with mushrooms and some parmesan cheese, but I precook the mushrooms first. Yummy stuff!

8. Diana @ Eating Made Easy

May 16, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Love this! Would be great on an english muffin too.

9. Marjory @ Dinner-Mom

May 16, 2013 at 9:58 am

Anything pizza is a hit at our house. It’s all how I position it. Pizza for breakfast is a winner.

10. Lindsay

May 15, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Just made these using some whole wheat pizza crust I had on hand. I scrambled the eggs and topped with mozzarella slices and bacon. Holy Cow! They were better than I expected. The eggs did run over the edge of the pizza dough, but next time I will make sure to make more of a raised crust to prevent that from happening. Very yummy!

11. Shannon

May 15, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Did anyone at Weelicious actually test this recipe? No matter how “carefully” you crack an egg over a flat surface, it is going to spill over at least one side. Which it did.

• Tania

May 16, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Hmmm, you sound a wee bit grumpy. Hope your day got better. (0:

12. Libby

May 15, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Yum! Always nice to mix things up for breakfast. Sometimes I just use eggs as the ‘dough’ for our breakfast pizza then top it with sauce, cheese, mushrooms etc… It’s great for when we are a little more rushed.
    -Libby

13. charsiubau

May 15, 2013 at 12:34 pm

What a great idea! My family loves pizza and eggs too. I will try this for lunch tomorrow. I still have some pizza dough in my fridge. Thanks for the recipe :)

14. Maribel

May 15, 2013 at 11:20 am

I thought they were English muffins…of you think it would work you sub.

• Olin

February 4, 2014 at 2:14 am

Shoot, who would have thghuot that it was that easy?

• Jessica

May 15, 2013 at 11:52 am

I’m making them right now on an English muffin. The only thing I could see being different is the pizza dough holds the egg in. Mine kind of ran off the side.

• Susan

May 15, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Jessica, did the English muffin burn? That was my first reaction, too!

• Jessica

May 15, 2013 at 1:36 pm

No, it did not burn, but it got stuck to the cookie sheet. Perhaps it needed to be greased before. Tasted great! I also used cheddar cheese. I didn’t have mozzarella. I’m thinking maybe if I took some of the inside of the muffin out to make more of a ring, the egg wouldn’t have spilled out.