I love eggs.
My husband loves eggs.
Our kids LOVE eggs.
There are plenty of reasons for our family's ouef adoration and whenever we eat eggs in the morning I feel good knowing that my kids are heading out the door to school with a good dose of protein in their bodies. Kenya and Chloe are pretty happy when they see eggs on their breakfast plates, but add the word pizza to the equation and they will certainly tell you I've gone gangbuster delicioso!
That's what happened when I paired two of our families favorites together in this one simple recipe. Breakfast Pizza.
Feel free to make this meal your own and top your pizza with cooked bacon, breakfast sausage, or any of your other preferred breakfast toppings.
While you're at it, have some early morning fun and get the kids involved in making their own pizza. It's easy to do and you'll send everyone off for their day with egg lovin', happy bellies!
Breakfast Pizza (makes 4 mini pizzas)
- 1 recipe pizza dough*
- 4 large eggs
- cooked bacon or breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Cut pizza dough into 4 even pieces and shape each piece into a 5-inch round. Using you fingertips, press the dough down about 1/2 inch from the edge to create a raised crust. This will help prevent the egg from running off the edge.
3. Gently crack 1 egg on top of each pizza dough round, sprinkle with salt, cheese and crumbled bacon or your preferred toppings.**
4. Bake for 12 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is melted.
*Note: You can also whisk together the eggs and salt and evenly divide the mixture then pour evenly on top of each pizza.