One of the first DIY buffets I did with my kids was for pizza. For a long time, gathering in the kitchen and making our own pizzas was a Sunday night tradition and one Kenya and Chloe absolutely loved. While both of my kids would be more than happy to eat plain cheese pizza at every meal, whenever I put out bowls of different toppings and let them decorate their own individual pies, it’s surprising how creative and adventurous they’ll get.
Throwing a party? DIY Pizza Buffet is a total no-brainier for a fun activity and a great way to feed a crowd with one of everyone’s all-time favorite dishes.
DIY Pizza Buffet
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 1 recipe veggie heavy pizza sauce
- topping ideas: mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sliced black olives, sliced red bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, cubed ham, chopped pineapple, chopped broccoli, sliced red onions
- Separate dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 9-inch disc (for personal sized pizzas you can cut the dough into 8 equal pieces).
- Place each of the other ingredients in small serving bowls, allow everyone to ladle on their own sauce, and add their choice of toppings.
- Bake pizzas in a 500°F oven for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Isn’t there a site about Whole food recipes that you also run? I think I clicked on that page first and forgot to save it before clicking over to Weelicious and now I cant find it. Please let me know! 🙂 Thanks for all the great ideas and recipes.
We have homemade pizza Sunday nights too… We need to get some of these bowls out tomorrow and see if anyone will do more than cheese other than mama! 🙂 Thanks!
I love this idea!