This scrumptious and hassle-free dinner will tantalize your taste buds! One-Pot Spiced Chicken with Toasted Couscous is an easy recipe with a perfect blend of aromatic spices and fluffy couscous, all cooked together in one pot for an easy cleanup.
Why Choose One-Pot Spiced Chicken with Toasted Couscous:
- Simplicity at its Best: With all the magic happening in just one pot, this recipe minimizes your cleanup time and maximizes your time actually spending time with your family at the dinner table.
- Aromatic and Wholesome: Infused with an array of spices, the tender chicken and toasted couscous create a wholesome and aromatic meal that’s perfect for any night of the week.
- Family-Friendly and Versatile: From picky eaters to adventurous foodies, everyone will adore the blend of flavors in this dish, making it a versatile option for all kinds of taste preferences.
- Israeli couscous (sometimes called pearl couscous)
- Olive oil
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Dried apricots
- Low sodium chicken stock
- kosher salt
- ground cumin
- ground cinnamon
How to Make One Pot Spiced Chicken with Toasted Couscous
- Toast the Couscous: In a 2-inch deep sauté pan over medium heat, dry toast the couscous for 3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
- Sauté:Heat the oil in the pan. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Combine: Add the couscous back to the pan, along with all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Bring to a Boil and Simmer: Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 22-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Protein Variations: Swap the chicken thighs for chicken breasts or even firm tofu for a vegetarian twist.
- Apricot Subs: If you don’t have dried apricots on hand, try substituting golden raisins.
- Israeli Couscous: If you can’t find Israeli couscous, you can substitute brown rice. Cook until the rice is fluffy and the liquid is absorbed.
More One Pot/Pan Recipes:
- Sheet Pan Sausage with Cabbage and Apples
- One Sheet Pan Shrimp and Vegetable Dinner
- Sheet Pan Pancake
- Japanese Vegetable Curry
Toasted couscous, bite-sized pieces of tender chicken, plump apricots and carrots, all lightly coated with aromatic spices, come together to create one heavenly Moroccan inspired meal. Your family may even take care of cleaning the one lone pot….by licking every last drop out of it!
Let me know in the comments if you have any questions about this recipe and tag me on social media if you make it!
Images by Ivan Solis
One Pot Spiced Chicken with Toasted Couscous
- 1 cup Israeli couscous (sometimes called pearl couscous)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch coins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a 2-inch deep sauté pan over medium heat, dry toast the couscous for 3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the oil in the pan. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the couscous back to the pan, along with all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 22-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.