You need SUPERFOODS in your lunch which is why I partnered with Brummel and Brown organic buttery yogurt spread! It’s a New Year and getting TONS of nutrient dense vitamins and minerals in your body will help everything from your energy to your mood. DIY trail-mix is a must for getting a major mid-day protein boost! This Avocado Chickpea Sandwich with chia + hemp seeds, quinoa bread, tomatoes, kale + a slather of the buttery yogurt spread is a game changer! Kiwi, berries + pomegranate seeds are naturally sweet and if you’ve never had seaweed salad now is the time to do it. My kids go nuts for it!
Here’s a few nerdy food facts to give you the boost you may be craving:
• Greek Yogurt- twice the protein content of regular yogurt
• Quinoa-is a complete protein and has a lot of fiber
• Blueberries-help improve memory
• Kale-high in iron and fiber
• Chia Seeds- omega 3s
• Beets- vitamin C, fiber, and potassium
• Beans-protein, fiber, and antioxidants
• Pumpkin seeds- alpha and beta carotene
• Hemp seeds-amino acids
• Goji berries- vitamin C, vitamin B2, vitamin A
• Dark Chocolate-contains flavonoids promoting good heart health
• Almonds-tons of protein and healthy fats
• Walnuts-omega’s + heart healthy fiber
• Flax seeds-full of plant-based omega 3s
• Tomatoes-loaded with lycopene makes your skin look better
• Chickpeas: vegetarian protein packed legume
• Avocado-healthy fat that helps you absorb other nutrients
• Blackberries-have more antioxidants than raspberries, blueberries, etc.
This post is sponsored by Brummel and Brown. All thoughts and opinions are my own.