At this time of year -- from Thanksgiving through Christmas -- I just can't get enough of tangy cranberries and sweet oranges. The combination of these fruits is so traditionally festive to me and since I've watched Kenya down an entire cup of cranberry sauce in one sitting on more then one occasion, I knew he would love this bread. The other thing I love about this cranberry orange nut bread is that it is full of fruit and protein and has NO refined sugar, so you won't feel guilty letting the little ones dig in as much as they like. I decided to make mini loaves so I could give them to friends as holiday gifts, but you could just as easily cook it in a single 9 x 5 inch pan and enjoy the entire loaf at home with your family!
Cranberry Nut Bread (1 9Ã�5 inch loaf or 6 mini loaves)
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup agave or honey
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Tsp Grated Orange zest
- 1 Cup Fresh Cranberries, chopped
- 3/4 Cup chopped walnuts
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
3. Cream the butter and agave and then add the orange juice, egg, vanilla and orange zest.
4. Pour the flour into the butter mixture to combine. Add the cranberries and walnut. Do not over mix.
5. Pour mixture into a 9×5 inch greased loaf pan or 6 greased individual mini loaves.
6. Bake 55-60 minutes for the 9×5 inch pan or 35 minutes for the smaller loaves.
7. Let rest for 5 minutes in the pan, remove and cool or a wire rack.