My cousin, Raleigh, emailed me the other day and asked me to come up with a veggie pancake recipe. Sounded like a great idea to me, but would kids eat a vegetable pancake? Only one way to find out. "Kenya!" I decided to make a basic pancake batter, minus the sugar, add julienned vegetables and then sauté them until golden. Wow! Kenya loved them. Even I was shocked at how easy and delicious these were to prepare.
They're perfect to serve for brunch, put in a lunch box or even to have as a side dish at dinner. Kenya and I whipped out a bottle of Krazy Ketchup and dipped away eating up the entire batch in one sitting!
We used these to make this recipe_
Veggie Pancakes (14 Pancakes)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 cup Milk*
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Cooking Oil Spray
1. Place the grated vegetables in a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg and milk in a separate bowl and pour over vegetables.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and sprinkle over the vegetable mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Coat saute pan with oil or spray over medium heat.
5. Place 1 tablespoon of vegetable mixture in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
To Freeze: After cooking, allow to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready, place in toaster oven or oven at 300 and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.