Maple Roast Vegetables

Maple Roast Vegetables

Yum

Maple Roast Vegetables from weelicious.com

Thanksgiving is around the corner and we're already geared up for family, fun and some seriously good food! Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing holiday recipes that are perfect for a small family Thanksgiving meal (just in case you aren't having over every relative known to man!). If you can't figure out how to get dinner on the table you should have One Potato send it to your front door! But back to the massively delicious Maple Roast Vegetables.

Maple Roast Vegetables from weelicious.com

These maple roast vegetables are a holiday favorite in our house and perfect no matter if you are having twenty people over or just two. I first started making this simple dish for Thanksgiving years ago, but it's so addictive and easy to prepare that I started making it all the time (most of the vegetables the dish calls for are available year-round). Roasting is one of the best techniques for getting the maximum amount of flavor out of vegetables. They become super tender, sweet on the inside and a bit caramelized on the outside.

Maple Roast Vegetables from weelicious.com

Holidays or not, I usually double the recipe because they're just as delicious (if not more so) the next day - perfect for lunch or a quick, healthy snack. And, for anyone who has a child who is prone to say, "I hate vegetables," just try making this dish and tell me if those words ever come out of their sweet little mouths again!

Maple Roast Vegetables from weelicious.com

If you make these Maple Roast Vegetables I would love to see them! Just post a picture of your creation on Instagram and tag @weelicious. Enjoy every let bite!

Maple Roast Vegetables from weelicious.com

Photos by Gerry Speirs

Maple Roast Veggies  (Serves 6-8)

Thanksgiving is next week and we're already geared up for family, fun and some seriously good food! Over the next few days, I'll be sharing holiday recipes that are perfect for a small family Thanksgiving meal (just in case you aren't having over...

• 7 carrots, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 2 red bell peppers, cut into large chunks
  • 1 delicata squash, unpeeled, split lengthwise, seeds removed and cut into half moons (you could also use peeled butternut squash)
  • 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt

1. 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. 2. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat the vegetables (at this point you can place the vegetables in a large zipper bag and refrigerate overnight).
  3. 3. Pour the vegetables on to a foil lined sheet tray and roast for 50 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until tender and golden.
Maple Roast Veggies

Comments

1. Stephanie Powell

November 26, 2014 at 8:04 am

Any idea if how these will hold up overnight and/or if they can be made and made and then reheated after trasnsporting?

2. Vanessa

October 21, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Delicious! I have never known what to do with delicata squash and now I do!! This recipe was so, so good…and easy! Thank you!

3. Pingback: Honey-Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Crispy Sage | Food for My Family

4. Pingback: 16 Clean Eating Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes - Jeanette's Healthy Living

5. Pingback: A Fresh California Twist on Brussels Sprouts • Taste With The Eyes • where the image is meant to titillate and inspire the cook

6. Pingback: Twice or Thrice Baked Sweet Potatoes | Dishin & Dishes

7. Pingback: Quinoa with Acorn Squash, Apples and Walnuts - The Lemon Bowl

8. Pingback: Swiss Chard Gratin Recipe | Feed Me Phoebe

9. Pingback: Squash & Pumpkins – Fall is here! | The Chefwife Diaries

10. Mili Brooks

December 4, 2012 at 2:31 pm

They were the star in the Thanksgiving dinner! My husband doesn’t eat vegetables but after he tried this recipie he is asking me to cook them frequently! My parents-in- law loved them and I sent them already the web page. Thank you Catherine, you can’t imagine how much you help me and I am sure other moms with these delicious recipies.

11. Jordan

November 13, 2012 at 12:53 pm

can you substitute honey for maple syrup?

12. Pingback: How Sweet It Is! Take Advantage of Maple Syrup Season | WorkLivePlayCafe

13. Pingback: Anchor Text1

14. Lu

November 21, 2011 at 10:03 am

Made these this morning for my toddler. Delicious (if you like sweet things). I only had squash and carrots on hand, so just left out the peppers and onions.

15. Chris B

October 21, 2011 at 1:36 pm

This sounds so good, but I’m not sure what main dish to make to go with it. Do you have any suggestions?

16. Omnia

October 19, 2011 at 2:55 am

i’m a big fan of your blogand i made lots of your recipes for my litle girl and she simply loved it all :)
    but it’s the first time to comment, and i was wondering what is the maple syrup substitute ?

17. Erin

November 17, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Are there potatoes in there too? It looks like potato in the picture.

18. Pingback: 5 ways to get your kids to eat their veggies @ HEALTHY KIDS WORLD

19. Golda

October 18, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Whoa, this says Thanksgiving is next week. I believed it for a second and was so freaked out…

20. Emily

September 23, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I hate red peppers, any substitution suggestions?

September 23, 2010 at 3:40 pm

You can just leave it out :) or use cauliflower or other veggie you have

21. Karen

December 5, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Delicious! Am making again this weekend. I used less salt. thank you for this recipe!

22. Pingback: Thanksgiving Sides: Simple Stuffing | Nibblers

23. Pingback: Super Simple Stuffing | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food and recipes for the entire family!

24. Pingback: Thanksgiving Sides: Maple Roast Veggies | Nibblers