Strawberry Banana Crepes

On Valentine’s Day, it's always nice to pull out all the stops and make something really special for your sweethearts. If you've never tried making crepes, this is the perfect opportunity to give it a go. These thin, tender, pancake-like treats are the perfect envelope for a sweet, creamy pink filling of strawberries and bananas that is sure to brighten the eyes of those you love the most!

Strawberry Banana Crepes  (Serves 4-6)

• Prep Time: 1 hrs,

• 2 eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 3/4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • butter for sautéing
  • 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
  • 1/4 cup cream cheese
  • 2 bananas, sliced into coins

1. 1. Place the first 6 ingredients in a blender and puree.
  2. 2. Refrigerate crepe batter for at least an 1 hour or overnight (this is so the crepes do not tear when cooking).
  3. 3. Grease a sauté pan (about 6” across) or crepe pan with butter, pour in 2 tbsp of the batter and tilt the pan to spread the batter around into a 6” circle.
  4. 4. Cook for 1 minute, flip and continue to cook another 30 seconds or until crepe just starts to become golden.
  5. 5. Remove the crepe to a plate and continue to make remaining crepes.
  6. 6. In a bowl, combine preserves and cream cheese until smooth.
  7. 7. Spread some of the cream cheese mixture across the middle of a crepe and top with several slices of banana.
  8. 8. Fold over the edges to close.
  9. 9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 with the remaining crepes.
Strawberry Banana Crepes

Comments

1. Lindsey

September 21, 2012 at 11:49 am

I made these today twice. My 2 year olds pushed the button on the blinder before I got the lid on… ug… BIG MESS . We did not give up, we tried again. I LOVED them.I am wondering if I should have more for lunch =) So easy to make. I think I will start making the batter before bed. Then put it in the fridge to use in the morning. My 2 year old boys ate the banana’s and licked the cream off. We will have to keep getting them to try the actual crepes . I don’t think they are use to the texture. Thanks so much for this recipe!

• Rute

February 2, 2014 at 6:32 pm

oh my goodness Missy that dress is htnseoly EXACTLY what I’ve been searching high and low for all Fall!!!! If you ever, ever decide to sell it (but you’d be crazy to do so!) please please let me know before you put it in the shop!!!!!!! Ah I’d pay almost anythign! you do look stunning in it though, and I think you would be nutso to sell it anyway! :)

2. Pingback: recipe|world recipe|cooking|asian recipe|home recipe|europe recipe|chinese recipe|traditional recipe

3. Mandy

October 12, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I made the strawberry banana crepes this morning but used fresh strawberries instead of preserves and they turned out fantastic. Thanks for the super easy but absolutely delicious recipe!

4. melissa mck

July 21, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I really like Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams (?) I may have the wording wrong, but its cocoa and peanut butter spread. I was more of a nutella fan before I found that (and others) that don’t have that weird vanilla ingredient. Crepes are definitely on the menu this week!

5. Julie

July 21, 2011 at 10:34 am

Has anyone tried a dairy free version? With soymilk and Earth Balance?

6. Melanie

July 21, 2011 at 10:31 am

I’m from Quebec and crepes are as common as in France. Did you know you can make a “diner” version with asparagus, cheese, ham, etc? Go creative. They are so delicious. By the way, crepes with Nutella and bananas are insanely good.

7. Emily

February 19, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Yummy! I have never made crepes before so I did have to look up what heat to put them on (medium heat is what Betty Crocker told me and that actually worked)

Since I saw this a week ago, I’ve made 2 batches– each filling up my dad, my 2 kids and me… with leftovers. I didn’t read the directions till the end and already prepped strawberries…it’s too sweet with preserves and fresh…so the next time we had them with just whipped cream cheese, strawberries and banana.

Second time I made a batch, I melted the butter, got busy, and left it in the microwave only to find it in the morning after the pan was hot…they were still delicious! Then I had a “kids went to bed I want a treat craving” and had some of those crepes with peanut butter and banana.

Thank you for making crepes not scary!

8. Catherine

February 17, 2011 at 5:43 pm

After seeing your Nutella pancakes I’m debating combining the two ideas. Mixing the nutella and cream cheese together and then just using sliced strawberries (I’m not a huge banana fan except for banana bread).

9. Worlds Best Information

February 17, 2011 at 12:22 am

Banana is my All time Favourite but with Crepes…seen first time and obviously I would going to TRY this ASAP…I eager to TASTE it…oh it so YUMMY…my mouth started watering from now only…I got a go for this…Thanks a LOT.

10. Amanda

February 14, 2011 at 2:16 pm

We made these this past weekend, but used blueberry preserves instead of strawberry (trying to use what was on hand!). They were very good. Thanks for the all the great ideas!

11. Laurin

February 12, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I made crepes this morning but I used a recipe from another of my favorite food blogs and it called for whole wheat flour and they still turned out wonderfully! Crepes are so much fun!!

12. yeni

February 9, 2011 at 11:17 pm

These crepes bring back memories of my first days visiting Weelicious. I think your Crepe recipe was the first recipe I tried from this site, and they turned out fantastic. Will definitely try these!

13. Rose

February 9, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Yummm! I forgot all about crepes. I think I will whip up a batch for dessert. My favorite filling: fresh strawberries and Nutella. Oh man. I want some right now :-)

14. Christan/MamaBearPing

February 9, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Do you think that you could make an extra batch and freeze leftover crepes for future use?

15. lorrie

February 9, 2011 at 12:26 pm

My son has a wheat and egg allergy. I really love crepes and I want to cook him some too. Any suggestions on how to make eggless crepes? I’ve got a great flour blend to use for the wheat substitution part.

• Mya

February 10, 2011 at 8:17 pm

you might try ener-G egg replacer. mix up enough powder and water to sub. for the 2 eggs.

16. Jill

February 9, 2011 at 11:12 am

I like to use self rising flour (which is totally not the traditional way) but it gives them a little rise and creates a spongy texture. Yummy!

17. Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}

February 9, 2011 at 9:35 am

Crepes are tricky. I’ve had an equal amount of successful and unsuccessful tries. :-) This looks like a perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast!

18. Stacy

February 9, 2011 at 9:14 am

I just made your crepes this morning, can’t wait to make these for Valentines!

19. angelajo

February 9, 2011 at 2:55 am

wonder if you could use yogurt instead of cream cheese? I know it would be much runnier. Also if whole wheat flour would work?

Sounds delicious!

• Jacqueline

February 16, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Ever tried yogurt cheese? Drain the whey from plain yogurt by pouring it into a clean, damp, layered cheesecloth (I use unused cloth diapers but you can even use some layered papertowel if you’re in a pinch)and setting it inside a sieve, on top of a bowl, overnight. The liquid drains away and you’re left with a creamy “yogurt” that’s the consistency of cream cheese. You can use it as a substitute for cream cheese, sour cream, even mayonnaise. It would taste great in this recipe!

• Emily

February 10, 2011 at 9:22 pm

My kids love crepes served with strawberry yogurt and sliced banana and some granola so I know it will work :)

• Jill

February 9, 2011 at 11:07 am

greek yogurt is much thicker and would probably be a perfect consistency!