On Valentine’s Day, it’s always nice to pull out all the stops and make something really special for your sweethearts. If you’ve never tried making crepes, this is the perfect opportunity to give it a go. These thin, tender, pancake-like treats are the perfect envelope for a sweet, creamy pink filling of strawberries and bananas that is sure to brighten the eyes of those you love the most!
Strawberry Banana Crepes
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup flour
- 3/4 Cups milk
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- butter for sauteing
- 1/4 Cup strawberry preserves
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese
- 2 Bananas, sliced into coins
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Refrigerate crepe batter for at least an 1 hour or overnight (this is so the crepes do not tear when cooking).
- Grease a sauté pan (about 6” across) or crepe pan with butter, pour in 2 tbsp of the batter and tilt the pan to spread the batter around into a 6” circle.
- Cook for 1 minute, flip and continue to cook another 30 seconds or until crepe just starts to become golden.
- Remove the crepe to a plate and continue to make remaining crepes.
- In a bowl, combine preserves and cream cheese until smooth.
- Spread some of the cream cheese mixture across the middle of a crepe and top with several slices of banana.
- Fold over the edges to close.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 with the remaining crepes.