Cucumber Cream Cheese Sammies

Summer is supposed to be a time to relax and not feel so scheduled day in and day out with your kids, but for some reason this time of year feels as busy as ever. With even more and more outings, play dates and shuttling back and forth to summer camp, I seem to have even less time in the kitchen so I always need quick recipes at my disposal that I know Kenya and Chloe will enjoy. My kids love themselves some cucumbers and so I always keep a bunch of them on hand for these simply delicious sammies. They are light and refreshing — the perfect sandwich for summer, no matter how little time you have to make them!

Cucumber Cream Cheese Sammies  (Serves 2)

• 1/4 cup cream cheese
  • 1 persian cucumber, thinly sliced (any variety of cucumber will work, but i like the persians for this san
  • 4 slices whole wheat bread

1. 1. Spread 1 tbsp of cream cheese on one piece of the bread and top with thin slices of half of the cucumber.
  2. 2. On another slice of bread, spread another tbsp of cream cheese and then sandwich the two slices together.
  3. 3. Continue to make the second sammie.
  4. 4. Cut in half or quarters and serve.
Cucumber Cream Cheese Sammies

Comments

1. Pingback: Japanese Quick Pickled Cucumbers Recipe - The Lemon Bowl

2. kelly

January 1, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Just made these so quick! my boy who doesn’t like cucumber loved them!
    thanks

3. Denise

August 2, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Why do I only save this recipe for tea parties. You have reminded me that I should whip these up for a Wednesday or Thursday lunch at home. Love them!

4. Pingback: Feeding Friends: Fennel Tzatziki with Mint | Feed Me Phoebe

5. Pingback: Neer Mor | Zested South Indian Buttermilk with Cucumber

6. Pingback: Cucumber Cooler - Chez Us

7. Pingback: Stuffed Cucumber Kimchi with Shrimp and Minari • Taste With The Eyes • where the image is meant to titillate and inspire the cook

8. Pingback: Barley-Wax Bean Salad with Golden Beets & Heirloom Cucumbers | Blue Apron Blog

9. Pingback: Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad |

10. Pingback: Burmese Cucumber Watermelon Composed Salad Recipe - Jeanette's Healthy Living

11. Edie York

July 10, 2013 at 8:56 pm

I’m preparing for my 2 years old to go to “pre-school” in August 2013. How would a cucumber/cream cheese sandwich hold on until lunch without being refrigerated? Is that even possible? I’m looking for sandwiches that do not need to be refrigerated… the only thing I can think of is PB&J and your Banana dog… Please elaborate! Thanks.

July 11, 2013 at 11:35 am

Most food that you send to school will be just fine if you include an ice pack! The ice pack will keep everything, including dairy, at safe temperatures until lunchtime! Here are 10 of my favorite school sandwiches! http://weelicious.com/2012/08/27/10-best-back-to-school-sandwich-recipes/

• DAH

February 3, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I am having a brunch at 10:30 & was wondering if I could prepare these the night before? will the last?

12. Linda

October 22, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Recipes sound great. My grandsons luv cucumbers!

13. lilrom

July 31, 2012 at 4:37 pm

My daughter loves this and wants to put them in her school lunches,my only concern is the amount of time it would sit in her lunch box before eating and the sandwich getting soggy,are there any tips you can suggest that would help keep the sandwich as fresh as possible till she is able to eat her lunch?

July 31, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Since the cream cheese is what is touching the bread you shouldn’t have a problem with it getting soggy. And I always pack an ice pack with lunch!

• lilrom

July 31, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Thank you! :)

14. educational toys for toddlers|

December 27, 2011 at 10:53 am

Hey There. I discovered your weblog the usage of msn. That is an extremely smartly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I?ll certainly comeback.

15. CFMcG

July 22, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Try sprinkling some dill on the cream cheese, or you can mix it in to the cream cheese in advance with some lemon zest/juice for some added punch!

A small dash of cumin if you’re living dangerously!

• Vanessa

February 4, 2014 at 6:50 pm

About the AuthorRuss & Suzanne, a couple that IS liinvg the dream.Join the business revolution that is captivating the Internet marketing industry,Empower Network Canada. Earn 100% commissions on all your sales, gain insight, top training and valuable information that will help you succeed and all in a TEAM environment that offers support, guidance and knowledge.Today is where you STOP dreaming and START liinvg your dreams with us, Empower Network Canada. Join right now, take action with us….TODAY. There is no TRY…only DO!Sincerely,- Empower Network Canada

16. Melissa

July 10, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I can’t say enough about your recipes!! I have a 15 month old and he loves your food!!!!

17. Beth

July 10, 2011 at 7:02 am

i have to tell you this hilarious thing that my son said yesterday. we’ve been experimenting with your recipes this week and he just loves them. after the first taste of the thai noodles he said, “that weelicious chick sure knows what’s going on”. :)

18. Lana

July 8, 2011 at 9:00 am

Want to make it a special treat? Substitute strawberries for the cucs. My one year old can’t get enough!

19. Pingback: Local Fresh: Weelicious focused on “how to” feed kids and babies local foods | Mary's Local Fresh

20. Meghan

July 7, 2011 at 7:29 am

Cream cheese sammies are also good with avocado spread on them. My 2 and 1/2 yo gobbles them up.

21. Sarah @ Mum In Bloom

July 6, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Quick and delicious! Sounds good to me. Love your site and the photo is perfect. Now.. to go make some of these for lunch :)

22. janelle

July 6, 2011 at 11:04 am

i just discovered this site when i was searching for healthy recipe ideas for my one year old and i am in love!!! almost makes me wanna have another so i can make the baby food lol. another great inspiration thanku weelicious! i am hooked and my daughter n husband r eagerly tasting away!