The back-to-school season is here, and we all know how important it is to pack a lunch that will make our kids happy and satisfied. When it comes to delicious and easy lunch options, sandwiches are always a winner! Sandwiches are a classic lunchtime favorite, offering endless possibilities for creativity and flavor. I’ve rounded up my 15 favorite back-to-school sandwiches that are not only tasty but also a breeze to make.
Tips to Make Sandwiches More Interesting for Kids
While sandwiches are a tried and true lunchtime favorite, they can be a bit mundane after a while. Making sandwiches more interesting for kids can be a fun and creative way to get them excited about lunchtime. Here are some tips to make sandwiches more enjoyable and appealing for kids:
- Use Fun Shapes: Make sandwiches visually appealing by using cookie cutters to create fun shapes like stars, hearts, or animals. These playful shapes will instantly spark joy and have your kid excited about what shape they’re getting that day!
- Add Colorful Ingredients: Brighten up sandwiches with colorful fruits and veggies like strawberries, blueberries, cucumbers, or bell peppers. The vibrant hues will make the meal more enticing. After all, we eat with our eyes first!
- Try Unique Spreads: Experiment with different spreads such as flavored cream cheese, hummus, guacamole, or pesto. These tasty spreads will add exciting new flavors to their sandwiches.
- Build Your Own: Give your kids a sense of ownership by providing an assortment of ingredients and letting them build their own sandwiches. This hands-on approach will make lunchtime interactive and enjoyable.
- Mini Sandwich Fun: Make lunchtime fun-sized with mini versions of their favorite sandwiches using slider buns, small rolls or just cutting them into little “sammies” as we like to call them. These adorable mini sandwiches are perfect for little hands.
- Add a Sweet Twist: Add a touch of sweetness with sliced apples, a drizzle of honey, or a honey mustard dressing. This delightful contrast will elevate the taste.
- Serve as Kabobs: Thread sandwich ingredients onto skewers to make sandwich kabobs. This presentation adds a playful twist and makes eating more enjoyable!
- Make it a Wrap: Swap regular bread with tortilla wraps or lettuce leaves for a different texture and presentation.
Sandwiches Kids Love for Back-to-School
Get creative when it comes to sandwich making and don’t be afraid to think outside of the box. If you need even more tips for school lunch, get my Weelicious Lunches Cookbook filled with innovative solutions for quick, delicious, easy-to-make, kid-friendly lunch box meals that are perfect for back-to-school!