If there’s one all time loved recipe on Weelicious it’s Banana Dog Bites. I think I first made these 6 or 7 years ago and they’re still an all time classic. What’s not to love about a recipe that only uses 3 ingredients, take 2 minutes or less to prepare and looks like such fun. If you’ve never tried them before you have to watch this Banana Dog Bites video. I promise it has all kinds of little tips for making the perfect lunch time treat every time!
Even though there are only three ingredients, there’s tons of variations you can use. I like using spelt or half whole wheat half corn tortillas I get at Trader Joes, but you can also use all white flour tortillas or something with seeds inside. The most important part is getting something that’s really flexible. Corn could work, but they would need to be really fresh. Using lavash is a fun idea too!
There’s also plenty of variations with nut butters. You can use peanut, almond, cashew, soy or sun butter. You could also use whipped cream cheese in a pinch. If you’re using large tortillas and bananas it makes about 8-10 pieces which look super cute in a bento style lunchbox. Serve these with some raw veggies and maybe a little snack like a Vegan Cowgirl Cookie or Heart Crispy Treat and you’ve got a vegetarian meal I’m betting your kids will love!
Photo by Maren Caruso
Banana Peanut Butter Roll Ups
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, divided (you could also use almond or sunflower butter)
- 2 tortillas
- Place one tortilla on a flat surface and spread 2 tbsp of peanut butter on the tortilla to evenly coat.
- Place one banana near the edge of the tortilla and roll it up.
- Slice into 1/2 inch rounds and serve.
- *If your tortilla bread is stiff, you can put it in the microwave in between two pieces of moist paper towel and heat for 15-20 seconds or until softened.