Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are a timeless lunchtime favorite, loved by kids and adults alike. But why settle for the ordinary when you can turn this classic combo into something extraordinary? Put a fun twist on the traditional PB&J and make Peanut Butter and Jelly Skewers! After all, everything is much more fun on a stick. Even our favorite PB&J.
Why Peanut Butter and Jelly Skewers?
- Customization: Let your creativity shine by experimenting with different fruit combinations and spreads to tailor the skewers to your kids liking.
- Interactive Eating: The assembly (and de-assembly) process of the skewers can be a fun activity for kids, encouraging them to be more involved in their meals.
- Nutritious and Satisfying: Peanut butter provides protein and healthy fats, while the fruits offer essential vitamins and natural sweetness, making the skewers a balanced and satisfying lunch or snack.
Ingredients & Supplies for PB&J Skewers
- Sliced sandwich bread (white, whole wheat, or your preferred choice)
- Creamy peanut butter or other nut butter or seed butter of choice
- Your favorite jelly, jam or preserves (grape, strawberry, raspberry, etc.)
- Assorted fruits (raspberries, strawberries, bananas, grapes, or blueberries work well)
- Wooden skewers
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Skewers
- Make a PB&J. Spread one slice of bread with peanut butter, spread another slice with fruit preserves, and sandwich the two together.
- Cut mini sandwiches. Use small cookie cutters (hearts, circles, stars, etc) to make mini sandwiches.
- Build the skewers. Skewer the mini sandwiches onto bamboo skewers along with fresh berries or other favorite fruits you have on hand.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Skewers are a delightful and creative way to elevate the classic PB&J sandwich. With their playful presentation and delicious flavors, they are sure to become a new lunchtime favorite for kids and adults alike. Whether for school lunches, picnics, or a quick snack, these skewers offer a tasty and nutritious treat that brings joy to any mealtime. So, get ready to add a nutty twist to your lunch routine and enjoy the delightful flavors of PB&J skewers!
Tips for PB&J Skewers
- Customize to your tastes. We all know that you can make a PB&J any way you like it so these skewers are no exception. Want to use almond butter or sun butter? Raspberry preserves or grape jelly? Bananas on the skewers instead of berries? Go for it! Get creative and enjoy.
- Make the sandwich, then cut. It’s easier to make a regular PB&J and then use cookie cutters to cut them into the perfect size for skewers. For less food waste, start cutting from one edge and work your way to the other. Parent hack… eat the extra PB&J edges as a little snack!
- For lunch boxes. Measure and cut the skewers to size before you add the mini sandwiches when you want to add these to a bento box style lunch box.
More Fun Ways to PB&J
- The World’s Greatest Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- PBJ Pancakes Sandwiches
- Gluten-Free Apple Ring PB&J
- PB & J Pops
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Pop Tarts
Images by Ivan Solis
Peanut Butter and Jelly Skewers
- small cookie cutters (hearts, stars, circles, etc.)
- wooden skewers
- 4 slices favorite sandwich bread
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter or preferred nut butter or seed butter
- 4 teaspoons favorite jelly, jam or fruit preserves
- fresh berries, grapes or banana slices
- Spread one slice of bread with peanut butter, spread another slice with fruit preserves, and sandwich the two together.
- Use small cookie cutters (hearts, circles, stars, etc) to make mini sandwiches.
- Skewer the mini sandwiches onto bamboo skewers along with fresh berries or other favorite fruits you have on hand.