Recently, I was asked to come up with five recipes using peanut butter and jelly for LilSugar. Not only did they ask that the recipes be different than the standard PB&J sandwich that gets stuffed into most kids’ lunch boxes everyday, but they also wanted them to be healthy.
I had the best time coming up with the recipes and my in-house testers were more then thrilled with the results. These Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches were such a hit with Kenya that I barely heard him mumble “I WOVE these” as he stuffed bite after bite into his mouth with Strawberry Preserves dripping down his chin. I hope you get to see the same results with your little ones on their first day back to school!
Photo by Maren Caruso
PBJ Pancakes Sandwiches
- Whisk the first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the peanut butter, egg and sugar until combined, then whisk in the milk until incorporated.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined (it’s okay if there are a few lumps).
- Heat a large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with oil (Vegetable or Canola).
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture onto the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Take a cooled pancake, spread 1-2 tbsps of jam on one side and top with the other pancake to make a sandwich.
- Continue to do the same with the remaining pancakes and serve.