The night I gave birth to Chloe all I wanted afterwards was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Call me a girl with simple taste, but it’s true — I only craved thick, sliced sandwich bread, toasted and slathered with tons of smooth peanut butter and fresh strawberry preserves. I forgot one thing. It had to be made in a waffle iron!
If you’ve never had a PB&J made this way, you are missing out. I literally dreamed about having this “push” sandwich for weeks prior to Chloe arriving. Hours after she was born and resting in my arms, I gobbled up not one, but two. After all, I felt like I had more than earned it!
When you want to impress someone with your incredible culinary skills, whip up one of these ooeey-gooey, delectable treats.
Photo by Maren Caruso
The World’s Greatest Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons preserves
- butter, optional
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (more if you want) on one slice of bread.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of preserves or jelly on another slice of bread. Place the peanut butter covered slice of bread on top to make a sandwich.
- Lightly butter your waffle iron (optional), place the sandwich inside and close.
- Cook the sandwich for 4-5 minutes or until bread is golden and filling is oozing out the sides.