Somehow Kenya ended up "helping" me buy way more ears of corn at the farmers' market last weekend than we could possibly eat in 7 days. It's amazing how quickly the items in our cart can grow when my two little helpers get extra excited about what's at the market. Between all that extra sweet corn and the ready-to-be-picked red bell peppers and parsley in our garden, I decided to make this salad. It's bright in color and has a ton of texture, so it's as visually beautiful as it is delicious.
This grilled corn and red pepper salad just says summer to me, so the time to make some is now!
Grilled Corn and Red Pepper Salad (Serves 4)
- 4 ears corn
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons oliv oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 cup mozzarella balls, cut into quarters
Preparation1. Preheat grill.
2. Grill corn and peppers for 6 minutes and set aside to cool.*
3. Remove the corn kernels from the cobs and dice the red peppers.
4. Place the corn and peppers in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and combine.
*You can remove the skin of the red peppers if they are charred.