Avocado Honey Dip

As many of you know, we're big on dips in our house. I find that if you put out a big platter of veggies next to a yummy dip for plunging into, the variety of vegetables you can get into kids' little bodies increases by....well, a lot! Case in point was the day that I made this Avocado Honey Dip. Chloe had just woken up from her nap and was sitting with me at the kitchen counter while I was concocting this creamy spread. She asked if she could try some, so I made her a little plate with baby carrots, sugar snap peas and pretzels. Chloe dipped a few times and then, in the time that it took me to turn around to grab something and turn back, she had her little arm wrapped around the mixing bowl and the spatula I had used to stir it in her mouth. Eventually I surrendered and let her finish it all.

There's nothing worse than sending your child to school with a lunch box packed full of fresh veggies only to have them come back home exactly the way you sent them: uneaten. My advice? Add some of this dip and see if it adds to your kid's fun of wanting to munch and crunch on the good stuff that goes with it!

Avocado Honey Dip  (makes 1 cup)

• 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
  • 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon honey

1. 1. Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mash together.
  2. 2. Serve with cut up veggies, crackers, pretzels or even as a spread on toast.
Avocado Honey Dip

Comments

1. Pingback: Ideas for getting 5 top Superfruits in your child's school lunch

2. Pingback: Asian Cabbage Slaw with Mint and Scallions Recipe - The Lemon Bowl

3. Pingback: Creamy Avocado Citrus Salad Dressing – No Cream, No Oil! | Dishin & Dishes

4. Pingback: Chicken Salad with Walnuts and Dried Cherries | Dishin & Dishes

5. Rachelle Brandt

September 20, 2013 at 9:46 am

Any Suggestions for a dairy-free option of this? I have a little girl with cow milk allergies… I’m sure whipped coconut milk would change the flavor and consistency… thanks!

6. Pingback: 7QT: 4 Ingredient Pretzel Dip - call her happy

7. Denise

August 20, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I bet this is a kid pleaser. Like the addition of honey in this recipe,

8. Pingback: Kale Salad with Avocado, Cranberries, and Pepitas | Feed Me Phoebe

9. Pingback: Avocado BLT Egg Salad |

10. Pingback: Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese | Blue Apron Blog

11. Pingback: healthy & light: zucchini “pappardelle” with avocado “cream” • Taste With The Eyes • where the image is meant to titillate and inspire the cook

12. Pingback: Smoked Avocado Tomato Salsa Guacamole Recipe - Jeanette's Healthy Living

13. Charles W Nelson

July 6, 2013 at 10:35 am

I Just love avocado dips and it test real good to eat with chips.

14. Graciela

May 22, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Thank you for the wonderful recipe. We enjoyed it for dinner.

15. Pingback: Mixed Fish and Avocado Poke Tower Recipe {Deconstructed Sushi} - Jeanette's Healthy Living

16. Kim

March 19, 2012 at 6:48 pm

This dip looks delicious. It’s easy enough that my 4 year-old could help make it. Thank you!

17. luxury crackers

November 2, 2011 at 7:12 am

You could definitely see your expertise within the paintings you write. The sector hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

18. An Obsessed Mom

September 30, 2011 at 11:33 am

My 2-year-old said “too sour” so I think she was responding to the lemon. You might want to try with less or no lemon to start if you have a kid with a palette as sensitive as mine:)

19. Jacqui

September 29, 2011 at 4:32 pm

How long does this last? Can I make it the night before for the next day?
    Thanks!

20. Lesley Murphy

September 29, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Is there anything we could subsitute the cream cheese for? My family and I do not like cream cheese a whole lot so I would love to be able to switch it out! :)

21. zaee

September 24, 2011 at 9:08 am

this was delicious and my fussy 2yr old ate it with crackers.

22. Kevin (BBQ Smoker Site)

September 19, 2011 at 9:19 pm

We’re starting to get some great FL Avocados in of late! Will give this a shot for sure!

@Mindee… love the coconut milk yogurt idea! We drink coconut milk by the 1/2 gallons!

23. mindee

September 19, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I will probably try substituting coconut milk yogurt to make this dairy free as well (for our needs). just a little less.

• An Obsessed Mom

September 30, 2011 at 11:31 am

Do you make your own coconut milk yogurt? I’ve been looking for a dairy-free yogurt alternative, but haven’t had any luck.

24. Michelle

September 19, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Do you think you could substitute plain yogurt instead of cream cheese? I have the yogurt on hand but not the cream cheese…

25. esophian

September 19, 2011 at 1:58 pm

my 19-mo-old chews but spits out anything hard — raw carrots, sugar peas, green beans, peppers, etc. he has all his teeth. any tips on getting him to swallow small chunks or something else to dip besides pita bread?

• dana

September 19, 2011 at 2:02 pm

You can cook the carrots a bit, so that they’re still firm but not so tough to bite/chew (I microwave them)

• Claudia

February 2, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Here is how to make money with click bank:1.Go sign up with Click bank..choose best product you like in minektarg section and get your affiliate link2. Sign up BreezeAds . com as advertiser, and advertise your affiliate linkThat is all what everyone is doing to make money with Click bank As you pay $1 for 500 visitors in which you get 5-10 sales, each sale commission about $20 so you get $100-200 for each $1 you spend on advertising.Spend $100 you will end making about $10,000 to $20,000

26. Carol

September 19, 2011 at 9:04 am

My toddler used to like avocadoes when he was a baby. Now that he’s a little older he tends to get choosy with foods; nonetheless, he loves to dip, so this may be the solution for his estranged relationship with avocadoes.
    Your recipes are so easy.
    Thanks!

27. HereticPrincess

September 19, 2011 at 8:28 am

I love guacamole so this sounds really tasty!