When it comes to my kids, if they're offered rice or pasta they pretty much could care less what its mixed with. But when I served this Carrot Ginger Sauce tossed with long strands of noodles they were dubious. What was this "orange pasta" sitting on their plates?
That initial skepticism changed almost immediately after their first bites. With sweetness from the carrots, salty flavor from the miso and nuttiness from the tahini, they were so hooked by the incredible taste, I think they're going to start paying a lot more attention to what's on their pasta and rice from now on!
Carrot Ginger Sauce (1 cup )
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons Water
Preparation1. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and sauté until soft, about 30 seconds.
3. Add ginger and carrots.
4. Cover and cook until carrots are soft, about 15 minutes.
5. Transfer to a food processor and add the miso, tahini and water.
6. Puree until smooth.
7. Serve tossed with pasta, soba, udon noodles or rice.
* Stays fresh in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Soba Noodles, Brown Rice, Pasta