Fruity Lemonade Popsicles

Fruity Lemonade Ice Pops

Yum

Is there anything better than a homemade ice pop? Hmmm. No. Not to me and definitely not to the two kids living under my roof. I'm pretty sure that both Kenya and Chloe have ice pop radar because they always seem to know when I've put a new batch in the freezer -- even if they didn't see me make them. It's like they have some kind of sixth sense where they can hear the pops summoning them from behind the freezer door.

The other day, after a long afternoon of running around, I came home to find Chloe waiting for me at the back door. "Mommy, look what I found! An ice pop!" Found?, I thought. More like this is what happens when you have an older brother who can open heavy doors for you when you ask him to. You find things. However, Chloe's happy discovery is much to my sheer delight -- and so are these magically tasty ice pops.

The recipe is simple: fresh squeezed lemonade poured over chunks of juicy fruit and then frozen. I used kiwis and blueberries for mine because I just love how they look suspended together in the golden ice, but you can use any kind of fresh fruit you like -- pineapple, strawberries, mango -- there are no end to the possibilities.

Kenya and Chloe had such big smiles on their faces when they found these pops. And why wouldn't they, there's nothing better.

Fruity Lemonade Ice Pops  (8)

• 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup agave or honey
  • 8 kiwi slices
  • 16 blueberries

1. 1. In a bowl, mix together the water, lemon juice and agave.
  2. 2. Place 3-5 blueberries and 1 or 2 kiwi slices in each ice pop mold.
  3. 3. Gently pour the liquid mixture into each mold. You can reposition the fruit after you’ve poured in the liquid.
  4. 4. Freeze 6 hours or until frozen through.
Fruity Lemonade Ice Pops

Comments

1. Pingback: Healthy Fruit Punch Popsicles - Jeanette's Healthy Living

2. Pingback: Alaskan Cod, Mediterranean Style • Taste With The Eyes • where the image is meant to titillate and inspire the cook

3. Pingback: Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe {No Machine Required} by The Lemon Bowl

4. saffiya

March 22, 2014 at 6:09 am

when i made it it’s so yummy!

5. Pingback: 10 Cool Popsicle Recipes For Summer | Those Young Moms

6. Clara

June 11, 2012 at 9:22 pm

My daughter’s favorite are the “green popsicles!” I make with left over green smoothie (i usually do yogurt or silken tofu, mango, banana, oj, baby spinach). My sister and her kids call them smoothsicles. Whatever you call them, my freezer always has them, even in winter since our Brooklyn apartment’s radiators are set so high. Love the idea of suspending sliced fruit and whole berries in clear juice. This summer I’m also experimenting with cocktail pops for the grown ups. Sliced or whole fruit would do well there too!

7. Shannon

June 11, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Catherine and All,
    Thanks so much! Ordered 3 sets of the Tovolo yesterday. It’s going to be great fun for me and the kids to experiment with this one!
    XoXo

8. Pingback: The Mamas’ Link Round-Up « Those Young Moms

9. Kara

June 10, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Made these yesterday with strawberries and raspberries. Delicious! Catherine, I found your site when I went searching for recipes that were easy enough for my 12 year foodie daughter to make on her own. I know the site is meant for moms but I just had to tell you what a great resource it is for kids who are just at the age where they want to try out recipes on their own. Fantastic! Especially the videos…like having your own private tutor!

June 11, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I love it! Weelicious is for the entire family, not just for moms! :)

10. Herb

June 8, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Wow, those look fantastic – can’t wait to try those for my little guy!

11. Kendall

June 8, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Yum!

12. catherine

June 8, 2012 at 11:50 am

Tovolo is a great brand of BPA ice pop molds and they have a few different shapes! http://astore.amazon.com/weelicious-20/detail/B000G34F2U

13. Krissy

June 8, 2012 at 9:50 am

FYI, in the Weelicious store, there’s a few pop molds. I, personally, found mine at the local Walmart for less than $3, and its worked beautifully for the last 5 years. I DO find tho, that for easier removal, sitting them in a little warm water, or running them under hot water a few seconds helps.
    This recipe looks so darn tasty! I LOVE Lemons (I’m one of the few that can eat a lemon like an orange) so this will be favorite for me. I can already see some yummy freshly picked (as they are in season here) strawberries floating in the beautiful yellow…or some chunks of lemon or lime.

14. Catherine

June 8, 2012 at 8:46 am

I have Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop Molds, Set of 6. dishwasher safe and BPA-free plastic.

15. Carolyn Sutton

June 8, 2012 at 7:09 am

I found these little pops at BB&B and have yet to make any popsicles. We are walking to Trader Joe’s this morning and I will get the kiwi to make today – perfect!!!

16. Erica

June 7, 2012 at 10:42 pm

My mom bought us some at Crate and Barrel. FYI.

17. TwinMom

June 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm

We have similar looking pop molds and they are “Jelly Belly” that I bought at Wegmans for $3. I’ve also seen them sold at Target for $5-6. Alas, my husband broke one stick as he did not know to quickly run hot water over the outside of the mold to release the pops.

18. Crystal

June 7, 2012 at 8:15 pm

I have these same popsicle holders, and I got mine at a kitchen outlet store. I think it was the Corelle store..

19. Scott

June 7, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Isn’t it funny how you can change one little ingredient and take ownership of the recipe.

20. laurel

June 7, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I believe Tovolo popsicle molds are BPA free. You can find them at Whole Foods, and on-line as best I know. Site: http://www.tovolo.com/

• misty

June 10, 2012 at 8:34 pm

yes, these are BPA free. I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Just run a little water over them before pulling pop sticks, and they slide right out.

21. Katie

June 7, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Like the others before me, I too am wondering if you have a recommendation for a safe, child friendly mold. Thanks!
    I need to get a mold so I can start making ice pops for my toddler :)

22. Jen Brady

June 7, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Hi what brand of popsickle mold do you use please? I was so excited to try the last popsicle recipe you sent and I was even more excited to finally use the Zoku pop maker that was sitting unopened in our pantry however when I tried to take out the popsickles the stick pulled out leaving the ice cream stuck in the mold. I was really sad. :(

• Wendy

June 11, 2012 at 11:13 am

I got one of these last year and had the same problem. I don’t know if there is some technique that works….? A very expensive disappointment.

23. Shannon

June 7, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Oh my gosh, these look delicious. Suspended fruit…you think of the greatest things.
    Where did you find the ice pop forms? I have seen some in stores but none of them seem to be the “safe” plastic.

24. nancy

June 7, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Thanks for another pop recipe! Keep them coming:)