Being a mom is challenging. Sometimes I don't know how we pull it all off. My hubby has literally been working 24/7 this spring, leaving me with with half the support and two kids who miss their daddy endlessly. I will never take my better half for granted after this stretch.
In light of my current predicament, simple -- and I mean really simple -- has been the name of the game for me at mealtime. I feel like I'm juggling more and more these days, so I try to pack as many healthy foods as I can into every meal. Since I usually keep cooked quinoa in the fridge and used my speedy mandolin slicer, I was able to whip up this nutritious salad in minutes.
With Mother's Day approaching this light spring salad is perfect for taking things down a notch for mom and celebrating simple meals that go from dinner to the lunch box with ease.
Lemony Quinoa Salad (serves 2)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
1. In a bowl, combine the quinoa, radishes, cucumbers and tomatoes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice and salt.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.