I get so jazzed whenever I find a new cookbook I dig. Recently I bought a copy of Twenty-Dollar, Twenty-Minute Meals (for 4 people). I was intrigued to try it out as that's about the amount of time I have to make most meals. The book's author, Caroline Wright, put together a really terrific collection of simple, fresh, produce-driven recipes and they are all right up my alley.
After spotting pea tendrils at the farmers' market last weekend I made Caroline's recipe for Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Pea Salad. It sounded delicious and I was excited for my family to try a vegetable that rarely graces our dinner table. As the book's title promises, the dish did not take long to prepare and the chicken came out super juicy on the inside and perfectly crunchy on the outside. I planned on using the leftovers for school lunch the next day, but by the end of dinner nothing was left. Oh well, guess I'll just have to make them again!
I'm giving away one copy of Twenty Dollar, Twenty Minute Meals, so leave just let me know you want it below to have it for your cookbook collection!
Check out all the other wonderful posts for this virtual dinner party!
Cacio e Pepe from Matt at Matt Bites
Zucchini Ribbon Salad from Sarah at Edible Living
Mustard Greens and Paneer in Indian Spices from Joseph at Gastronomer’s Guide
Steak with Herb Sauce and Buttered Radishes from Olga at Sassy Radish
Celery Root Rosti from Tara at Seven Spoons
Speck and Arugula Pizza from Caroline at Food52
Pasta Handkerchiefs with Broccoli Rabe + Ricotta from Lauren at Devour
The book’s story and welcome from Caroline at The Wright Recipes
Prize_ One (1) lucky weelicious reader will receive one (1) copy of the cookbook Twenty Dollar Twenty Minute Meals. I have not been compensated in any way. All views and opinions expressed are my own.
Duration_ This giveaway will be open until Monday, May 13th at 11_59pm.
Who Can Enter_ Open only to residents in the USA.
How to Enter_ Leave a comment below — one entry per email address only please. For more chances to win, share this giveaway on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #WeeliciousGiveaways, and leave a separate comment letting me know you've done so.
How Winner Will Be Chosen_ The winner will be chosen at random and will be notified via email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Pea Salad (serves 4 )
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, separated
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound chicken cutlets (4 cutlets)
- 3 cups pea tendrils, roughly chopped
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a shallow dish, stir together the mustard, tarragon, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. 2. Place the panko in a separate shallow dish.
3. Dip the chicken cutlets in the mustard sauce to coat well and let excess drip off. Then press the chicken cutlets in the panko breadcrumbs to thoroughly coat.
4. In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook the cutlets until browned and cooked through, Turning once, about 6-8 minutes total (3-4 minutes per side). Add more oil if necessary to cook all cutlets. Wipe out the sauté pan and reuse for the salad.
4. In the wiped out saute pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Saute the pea tendrils for 1 minute, add the sugar snap peas and saute for 1 more minute. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, drizzle with lemon juice and toss to combine.
5. Serve the breaded chicken cutlets on top of the warm pea tendril salad.