I really thought my Pinterest obsession would diminish over time. I was wrong. I can't stop pinning, won't stop pinning.
Over the course of many late night pinning binges, I've also come across a bunch of ideas from other Pinteresters that I simply couldn't resist trying out myself. Some of those ideas felt like fantasy finds I could never pull of myself while other equally brilliant ones were thankfully more in my comfort zone.
When I saw a pin for Teddy Bear Toast I was totally smitten and immediately headed for my kitchen to make it. Using only 4 basic ingredients, this is just about the cutest breakfast you could ever imagine staring up at you from the plate. My kids not only giggled non-stop when they first saw it, but they also devoured every last morsel before heading out to start their days.
How did I ever get by without Pinterest? I don't even want to think about it!
Teddy Bear Toast (serves 2)
- 2 slices Sandwich Bread
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- 6 blueberries
1. Place the bread slices in a toaster and toast until golden brown.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter onto each piece of toast and shape into 1 large circle for the teddy bear face and 2 smaller circles for the teddy bear ears.
3. Place a banana slice in the center of each small circle to make ears, and one banana slice in the center of the large circle to make a mouth.
4. Place 2 blueberries above the center banana slice to make eyes, and 1 blueberry on top of the center banana slice.