Get ready to make Carrot Ginger Soup one of your go-to recipes. This soup is the perfect combination of sweet yet hearty, and healing thanks to the anti-inflammatory ginger. It’s so simple to make, you’ll wonder how you went this long without it being part of your family favorites!
Why I Love Carrot Ginger Soup
- Simple and Tasty: Whip up carrot ginger soup with just a handful of ingredients, perfect for a hassle-free and satisfying meal.
- Nourishing and Soothing: Feel the healing and health benefits of this vibrant soup, with a comforting blend of carrots and ginger that’s as good for your body as it is for your taste buds.
- Flavorful Bliss: The delicious, warming flavors of carrot ginger soup will never fails to bring a smile to you and your family’s face.
- Plan Ahead with Ease: Carrot ginger soup is conveniently freezer-friendly, making it a time-saving option when you want to prep meals in advance without compromising on taste or quality.
Ingredients for Carrot Ginger Soup
Not only is this recipe addicting to eat, but it’s made by only using a few super healthy ingredients. Most of which you may already have on hand. Here’s what you need to make your new favorite soup:
- Carrots: One of the key nutrients in carrots is beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that the body converts into vitamin A, which is essential for maintaining healthy vision, as well as for the growth and development of cells in the body.
- Ginger: Ginger has long been used in traditional medicine to help with a variety of ailments, including nausea, sore throat, and even headaches. It is also well known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Onion: Adding an onion in this recipe gives this soup a rich umami flavor and a slight sweetness that takes it to the next-level.
- Vegetable Stock: I use vegetable stock in this recipe so that it can be vegetarian, but if you have no preference, chicken stock works great too!
How to Make Carrot Ginger Soup
1. Sauté the Onion: Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat and sauté the onion for 4-5 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add Ingredients and Simmer: Add the stock, ginger, carrots and salt, bring the liquid to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
3. Purée the Soup: Puree the soup using in a blender or with an immersion blender until creamy and smooth.
3. Serve with Toppings: Serve topped with a dollop of yogurt, sour cream or crème fraiche and pumpkin seeds if desired.
Storage: To store carrot ginger soup in the refrigerator, allow it to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing: For longer storage, freezing is an excellent option. Once the soup has cooled, ladle it into freezer-safe containers, leaving some space at the top for expansion. Seal the containers tightly, label them with the date, and place them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Simple Soup Recipes
- Crock Pot Black Bean Soup
- Broccoli Soup
- Spiced Carrot Cauliflower Soup
- Roast Vegetable Soup
- Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
Nutritious, delicious and heart warming, hopefully this Carrot Ginger Soup will be in your weekly rotation all winter long! Let me know in the comments what you think or tag me on social media if you make this one!
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 16 ounces baby carrots (you could also use whole carrots, peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 32 ounces low sodium vegetable stock (you could also use low sodium chicken stock if you don't need this to be vegetarian)
- Heat the oil in a stock pot over medium heat and sauté the onion for 4-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the stock, ginger, carrots and salt, bring the liquid to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
- Puree the soup using a hand blender or in a blender until creamy and smooth.
- Serve topped with a dollop of yogurt, sour cream or crème fraiche if desired.