Summer is supposed to be a time to relax and not feel so scheduled day in and day out with your kids, but for some reason this time of year feels as busy as ever. With even more and more outings, play dates and shuttling back and forth to summer camp, I seem to have even less time in the kitchen so I always need quick recipes at my disposal that I know Kenya and Chloe will enjoy.
My kids love themselves some cucumbers and so I always keep a bunch of them on hand for these simply delicious sammies. They are light and refreshing — the perfect sandwich for summer, no matter how little time you have to make them!
Cucumber Cream Cheese Sammies
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced (any type of cucumber will work, but I like Persian for this sandwich)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Spread 1 tbsp of cream cheese on one piece of the bread and top with thin slices of half of the cucumber.
- On another slice of bread, spread another tbsp of cream cheese and then sandwich the two slices together.
- Continue to make the second sammie.
- Cut in half or quarters and serve.