With all the fun things my kids have going on during the summer, the last thing I want to do is be in the kitchen. So, on Sundays I grill a few pieces of chicken and several ears of corn to keep in the fridge and turn into different meals over the next few days. Since my kids love chicken and corn and quesadillas, this unbelievably delicious and simple to prepare dish couldn’t make them any happier. With just a few additional ingredients to make it even more of a complete meal, this is a great recipe to keep in your file when you want to make the most out of the leftovers in your fridge!
Grilled Chicken & Corn Quesadilla
- Preheat grill.
- Season chicken breasts with 1 tsp of salt, brush grill with oil and grill corn and chicken breasts for a total of 8 minutes until juicy and cooked through.
- Allow chicken and corn to cool, then remove the kernels from the corn and dice the chicken into small cubes.
- Place the chicken and corn into a bowl along with the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Lower the heat on your grill and place a 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto one side of the tortilla and fold over.
- Grill the stuffed tortilla for 2 minutes on each side, being careful not to burn the tortilla.
- Continue to make the remaining quesadillas.
- Slice into triangles and serve.