This Roast Vegetable Pasta Sauce creates a delicious, vegetarian meal that only takes a few steps to make. It’s super filling and jam packed with good-for-you vegetables.
I can’t even begin to tell you how incredible this sauce tastes. So good, in fact, that when I finished pureeing it, we all stood over the food processor eating spoonful after spoonful before we even mixed it in with the pasta. Even better, it only took me minutes to prepare, which is always great when you have a a million things going on. Simply chop up a bunch of veggies, roast them until tender then puree them all together!
I don’t know if it’s the particular mix of vegetables, the fact that all the produce comes straight from the farmers market or the that everything is roasted and caramelized in the oven, but whatever the reason, the taste of this Roast Vegetable Pasta Sauce is amazing. It’s so good that you could easily serve this recipe to a 10 month old as a puree minus the tomatoes (you don’t want to give them to babies under 1 year in case of allergies).
The vibrant colors in the vegetables create a sauce so rich and visually beautiful, the uses for it are endless. It’s so versatile you could spread it on toast, fish, chicken, pasta….or just eat it on a spoon like we all did! It’s also a great way to use up a plethora of vegetables you might have on hand! I like to make extra of this sauce and freeze it so we can have it ready to go when we’re in a pinch for a quick weeknight meal everyone loves.
If pasta sounds like a dream meal for you right now, try out these other vegetarian pasta dishes like Wild Mushroom Pasta, Fresh Herb Pasta with Garlic Lemon Sauce, Caramelized Shallot Pasta with Gruyere or Baked Ziti. They’re all easy to make and satisfy all of your pasta cravings!
Are you going to try this Roast Vegetable Pasta Sauce this week? Let me know what you think by tagging me on social media!
Roast Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large tomato, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pound pasta such as tortellini, ziti or penne
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a large glass dish dish or cookie sheet and combine. Make sure all of the vegetables are evenly coated with oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tender and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor or blender with the tomato sauce and puree until smooth.*
- Toss the sauce with pasta and serve.