Wouldn’t it be great if you could use your slow cooker for every holiday? Why can’t you? With Passover falling mid-week this year, I find it a bit overwhelming that there will be a hungry crowd flooding into my house (rightfully) expecting a home cooked meal when I’m short on time.
Passover has always been one of my favorite holidays to celebrate with friends and family so I always make sure I’m super organized so I can enjoy the seder and not feel the need to keep running back and forth to the kitchen. This is where my slow cooker comes in really handy, especially when making brisket, a classic Passover dish.
It takes just 15 minutes to prep all the ingredients and toss them in the pot. Then you can spend the next several hours just taking in the incredible smells of this heart warming dish….and the hours after enjoying it!
Juicy Slow Cooker Brisket for Passover
- 4 pounds brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary, left whole
- 2 cups beef or chicken stock
- Place the beef in the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt. Place the onions, carrots, garlic, bay leaf and rosemary on top of the beef. Pour in the beef stock.
- Cover, set to high and cook until fork-tender, about 4-6 hours.
- Serve with steamed, boiled or roasted red potatoes.