With a brand new school year underway how about switching things up for school lunch and making something totally different: Vegetarian Sandwich on a Stick.
I’m a big fan of ordinary foods that are served up in an unusual way. Of course there’s nothing wrong with two pieces of bread with some kind of filling in the middle, but when that bread is turned into sushi sandwiches, cut into fun shapes or served on a stick, it’s just that much more fun to eat.
Vegetarian Sandwich on a Stick
- 2 cups bread cubes (ciabatta, french, or other hearty bread)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 2 persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 10 skewers
- Skewer in this order: 1 cube of bread, 1 piece of lettuce, 1 cherry tomato half, 1 cube of cheese, 1 slice of cucumber, 1 cube of bread.
- Repeat 1-2 times on each skewer, depending on the length of your skewers.
- Serve with Ranch Dip, Veg-Wee Dip, Pesto or Mustard for dipping.