We REALLY love muffins in our house. Not only do we eat them for breakfast, a snack or even dessert; also, they travel well AND you can freeze them to have any time you're in the mood for a treat. These orange date muffins only take minutes to whip up, and they are really healthy. The flavors are so rich, but none of it comes from sugar, and they're naturally sweet.
This is the perfect muffin to make at this time of year since dates and oranges are both in season. I even bought the walnuts for this recipe at the farmer's market; they were so fresh, add a nice crunch and dash of protein to the muffins making them the perfect snack.
We used these to make this recipe_
Orange Date Muffins (makes 12 muffins)
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Dates, chopped
- 1/2 Cup walnuts, chopped
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
3. Sift the dry ingredients together into a separate bowl.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients with the dates and walnuts.
5. Divide the batter between 12 greased or paper lined muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Cool and serve.