I hadn't even thought about adding this on as a recipe until I realized that we made FOUR of these quesadillas just this week alone. This means 3 things to me_ 1) I'm pretty sure that kids will love them because Kenya hasn’t stopped asking for them, 2) for me to be so happy making them must mean they only take minutes to throw together and 3) they're perfect for anyone on a budget because they’re made with some of the staples I always seem to have laying around the house. This recipe costs me just over $1.50 for 2 servings and there are never leftovers. I call that a recipe worth making again and again!
Avocado & Cheese Quesadilla (Serves 2)
- 1 Small Avocado, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 Cup Cheese, shredded (I used a 3 cheese blend of monterey jack, cheddar and mozzarella)
- 2 Whole Wheat or Spelt Tortillas
Preparation1. Place a tortilla in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
2. Cover with half of the cheese and top with the avocado slices.
3. Cover with remaining cheese and tortilla, slightly pressing down.
4. Cook in the saute pan for 6 minutes total, turning halfway through.
5. Cut into wedges.