I realized something recently_ I can put almost anything in a quesadilla and my kids will eat it. Two warm tortillas sandwiching melted cheese and whatever fillings they love, it's the perfect handheld food that they can eat in wedges for dinner, in their school lunch or even as a last minute snack.
We've been making so much Crock Pot BBQ Chicken lately that it seems like we've got leftovers of it in the fridge at all times. Never wanting to waste a morsel of food, I'll go to great lengths to reinvent dinners utilizing what we ate the night before in order to make something that's not recognized as just boring old leftovers. Quesadillas are a foolproof way to do that.
No matter whether you've got a bit of BBQ Chicken, Chicken in a Crock Pot or Slow Cooker Pulled Pork from the night before, quesadillas are a great way to use what you've got and make a meal your kids will totally dig.
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla (Serves 4)
- 4 Tortillas (I like to use whole wheat or spelt tortillas)
- 2 Tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup <a href=\"http://b12.ba4.myftpupload.com/2010/07/19/crock-pot-bbq-chicken/\">Crock Pot BBQ Chicken</a>, shredded, divided
- 1 Cup Jack or Mozzarella Cheese, divided
Preparation1. Place one tortilla in a dry pan over medium heat ( I use a cast iron skillet).
2. Spread 1 tbsp of BBQ sauce over tortilla.
3. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over tortilla and 1/2 cup of shredded chicken over cheese.
4. Top with another tortilla and heat through, about 3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly toasted.
5. Repeat for the second quesadilla.
6. Cut into wedges and serve.