The Teething Cookie Program

Is your baby cutting teeth and in the need for something special to chew on? These teething cookies are a breeze to make and a delicious treat your baby will love!

Comments

1. Natalia

April 11, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Love the recipe will be trying it with my baby soon to be 7 months but I had a question can I use breast milk instead of the soy milk

2. Meghan Edwards

November 14, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Is there anywhere this recipe is written so I can print it? I can’t wait to make these for my twin girls.

3. Michelle

September 24, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I would like to join the mailing list! Thanks – Michelle

4. amna

April 4, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Is it ok to use honey or maple syrup instead of molasses? is the wheat germ necessary?

April 4, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Definitely no honey! You shouldn’t give honey to a baby under 18 months! Molasses is really high in iron which is why it is included! The maple syrup might not be sticky enough to hold these together. The wheat germ is also necessary as it provides a very high amount of fiber, protein, vitamin B6 and a bunch of other vitamins and nutrients!

5. mary

October 19, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Hi , these seem great & I would love to make them but my child can not have the wheat or soy , To bad think they would have enjoyed them

6. Pingback: Baked Recipes

7. Pingback: Home Blog Talk | A Child Grows

8. Sherry W

April 14, 2011 at 11:28 am

Love the recipe, they look great. One concern is the molasses. It seems to fall in a “grey area”. It is said to possibly carry spores forming botchulisum like honey. I realize it is high in iron but is there a substitute if I am not comfortable giving it to my child?

9. Anne

April 12, 2011 at 3:57 pm

LOVED THESE! My seven month old really liked them! Thank you so much for this. Now, any suggestions for different flavors? Could I use maple syrup to replace the molasses?

10. Theresa

April 11, 2011 at 8:37 pm

At what age would you suggest to start making these? My daughter is 5 months but is wanting to chew on everything and is constantly drooling.

• Helen

April 15, 2011 at 7:22 am

I think it’s supposed to be for babies 8 months and up. Your baby should be able to chew solids before you start introducing any kind of teething cookie, they will crumble and they are supposed to be eaten.

I would suggest you get her a tri chew or a chewy tube if she wants some serious oral stimulation, they will provide enough sensory input for her.

11. Tina S.

April 9, 2011 at 11:18 am

Great timing! My son is getting teeth 3 and 4 right now and I am going to make these today. I’m subbing ground roasted flax seeds for the wheat germ, because it’s what I have, and subbing almond flour for the soy flour because I always have almond flour on hand. I am so excited to be able to give my son something that can help ease his pain. Thanks!

12. Helen

April 9, 2011 at 10:58 am

Can we substitute soy flour with any other kind of flour? I normally don’t use soy flour for anything…

Thanks!

April 10, 2011 at 10:53 pm

You can use an extra tbsp of whole wheat flour.

13. Kati @ Living Well

April 9, 2011 at 8:30 am

These look great! And so easy. My baby is only 4 months old but I will definitely have to remember these for later :-)

14. Pingback: Weelicious ™ – Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food … | Easy Family Style Recipes

15. Nessie

April 8, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I’m not comfortable giving my kids soy anything. Is there another flour that I could use instead of the soy flour? Thanks!

April 10, 2011 at 10:53 pm

You could just use an extra tbsp of whole wheat flour.

16. Nicole

April 8, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Perfect timing! I was just thinking about teething cookies, and didn’t want to buy them from a store!

What did you line the pan with?

17. Sarah

April 8, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Why do you use soy flour for these?

April 10, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Soy flour is high in protein and makes the cookies a bit lighter. If you don’t have it you can easily leave it out, though.