Easter is almost here and my kids are already asking what kind of treats they'll be getting. Carrot Apple Coconut Muffins are the answer!
How do you get a vegetable and a fruit in a muffin and end up with an addictive treat! These will satisfy all your needs.
Maybe it’s because they hang around me too much, but when my guys know a holiday is coming up, it's all about the food for them.
As the name of this recipe states, these muffins are made with carrot, apple and coconut and are so naturally sweet and tender, you could put a few in your kids’ Easter baskets and they wouldn’t be at all out of place.
While Carrot Apple Coconut Muffins may not be an obvious substitute for jelly beans, Peeps or chocolate eggs, I guarantee they won’t disappoint your little Easter bunnies!
Carrot Apple Coconut Muffins (Makes 30 Mini Muffins)
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Carrots, peeled & grated, about 1 cup
- 1 apple, peeled and grated, about 1/2 cup (gala, fuji, pink lady or red delicious are good choices)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Milk*
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine.
5. Place 1 tbsp of batter into greased mini muffin tins.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.