Crock Pot Veggie Lasagna

When I hear the most frequent dinnertime complaints weelicious moms' have, one of their biggest issues is lack of time. I totally get it. It's tough trying to get a balanced, nutritious meal on the dinner table when you only have a limited amount of time in which to make it. That is why whenever I need an easy-to-prepare meal I can be sure the whole family will love, I get out my crock pot. From prep to clean up, it is the biggest time saving appliance I own. I'd actually marry it if my husband wasn't already in the picture.

This Veggie Lasagna is one of my biggest recent crock pot success stories and it only took me a few minutes to put the whole thing together. No sautéing or stove-watching required. Just chop your veggies, mix the cheeses and layer everything into the pot. By the time you get home from picking up the kids at school and an afternoon of errands, this delicious dinner will be waiting for you — just take the lid off and serve.

You may not want to marry your crock pot, but you might consider it after tasting this lasagna.

Crock Pot Veggie Lasagna  (Serves 6-8)

• Cook Time: 4 hrs,

• 2 cups zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and/or spinach
  • 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 tablespoon dried italian herbs
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 25 oz jar pasta sauce
  • 1 box lasagna noodles (uncooked)
  • 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated

1. 1. Place the vegetables in a food processor and pulse to roughly chop.
  2. 2. Place the ricotta, parmesan cheese, herbs, garlic powder, salt and egg in a bowl and stir to combine.
  3. 3. Pour half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a crock pot.
  4. 4. Place a layer of noodles on top of the sauce, covering the entire surface, breaking the noodles to fit the pot.
  5. 5. Layer half of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles, followed by 1 cup of the chopped vegetables and then one cup of mozzarella cheese.
  6. 6. Repeat with another layer of noodles, followed by the remaining ricotta mixture and the chopped vegetables.
  7. 7. Pour the remaining pasta sauce on top of the lasagna and top with the remaining cup of the grated cheese.
  8. 8. Cook on low for 4 hours.
Crock Pot Veggie Lasagna

Comments

1. Krishna

August 16, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I made lasagna for the first time in my life using this recipe, turned out to be great. Thank you!

2. Pingback: Crock Pots Aren't Just For Winter! Spring Crock Pot Meal Ideas | Splatter

3. Pingback: Slow Cooker 12 Layer Lasagna

4. Tevolia Harmon-Earl

May 6, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Hello and thank you for the wonderful recipe I can’t wait to try it. Can I use frozen vegtables instead of fresh ones?

5. Pingback: 40+ Healthy Slow Cooker Dinner Recipes - Jeanette's Healthy Living

6. Carolyn Turner

February 3, 2014 at 10:22 am

Sounds good

7. Megan

January 7, 2014 at 7:31 pm

This was delicious! Thank you for the recipe. My one question: I made the ricotta mixture the night before I cooked the lasagna, so it sat overnight with the italian seasoning in it. Do you think that’s why the Italian seasoning was so pronounced in mine? Thanks!

• Catherine McCord

January 8, 2014 at 10:38 am

Hmm that is probably why. Since the mixture had lots of time to marry.

8. Joan Gravel

November 19, 2013 at 9:58 am

I am interested in joining

9. shana brenner

August 27, 2013 at 1:53 pm

My family doesn’t care for ricotta cheese – should I substitute with another cheese or leave out all together?

10. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday - August 5 - Ann Dunaway Teh

11. Julie

August 2, 2013 at 12:46 pm

This was easy and yummy. Definitely a keeper. I made it with 2 cups broccoli, and then read some posts that it messed up the meal. This was not the case for me. And my DH does not even care much for broccoli. I think it helped that I just used the crowns and finely chopped it.

12. Chelsey

August 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm

My slow cooker only has low settings for 8 hours or 10 hours…what do you recommend I should put it at?

August 2, 2013 at 2:42 pm

It will get overcooked and mushy if you cook it for 8 hours! I guess you’ll have to manually turn it off after 4 hours? Can you set it to “warm”? I wonder if setting it at warm for 8 hours would work?

13. Pam

July 9, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Thanks for this wonderful recipe! I have made it twice exactly how you listed it and it has turned out delicious.

14. shana

June 24, 2013 at 11:19 am

What can substitute if I do not like ricotta or cottage cheese? More mozz and parm?

15. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday - June 17 - Ann Dunaway Teh

16. Paula B.

June 4, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I think I’ll make this for dinner soon. Wanted a veggie lasagna for the crockpot as I’ve had such good luck with a meat lasagna cooked this way. I usually do three layers with the box of no-cook noodles and get a good result cooking for two and a half to three hours on High. I realize that’s not much help for those who want to put it into the crockpot and go, but if you are able to monitor it, the recipe can be done on the High temp. I also use a little more sauce with the three layers, about 12 oz. more. And, I place two noodles across and fill in with a third that has been split – for each layer. I, also, “frost” the uncooked noodles with the ricotta mix before placing in the crockpot, makes it easier.

17. laura520

April 29, 2013 at 10:17 am

Fantastic! I used whole wheat noodles, carrots, onion and spinach for the veggies. I was going to use broccoli, but I became cautious after the funky taste comments.

18. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday - April 15 - Ann Dunaway Teh

19. Stacey

March 30, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I love this lasagna and so does dh and ds. I am making this for a family as part of a care calendar next week. Can you provide a recommendation for cooking in the oven as opposed to the crock pot? How long and what temperature?
    Thanks.

20. Amy

February 28, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Does this freeze well?

21. Julia

February 16, 2013 at 11:17 am

Don’t make this if you’re not around to turn off the crock after the 4 hours, mine was a 6qt gummy waste. Bummer

22. jpaulsen

February 11, 2013 at 8:21 am

Do you out a layer of noodle on top? Picture looks like it but directions don’t say to.

• jpaulsen

February 11, 2013 at 9:37 am

Sorry, add a layer og noodle on top?

23. britney

February 10, 2013 at 6:53 pm

This was delicious! I wanted to make it again for a party I am going to but I can’t bring the crockpot. I was wondering if I wanted to bake it in the oven this time in an 8×12 pan – how much more of the ingredients would I need?

24. Britt Sones

January 30, 2013 at 11:56 pm

I like this. It is the best job I ve seen.

25. claire

January 27, 2013 at 8:41 pm

So good! Made this for dinner tonight. Hubby said is was ‘very good’ so it must have been good. Such an easy recipe, especially with a little baby. I added some italian sausage. Next time I am going to add more veggies, was a little nervous as I have never made something like this before in a crockpot.

26. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday - December 24 - Ann Dunaway Teh

27. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday - December 17 - Ann Dunaway Teh

28. Eliza

December 11, 2012 at 4:33 pm

please add me

29. Emily

December 11, 2012 at 11:24 am

No one really answered the question about how this would work if it’s in the crockpot for longer. I made it with my programmable crockpot and did the low for four hours but then it was on “warm” for 7 hours. No other way if you work. It was ok. The edges got pretty dried and a few spots were burned but the rest of it was good and tasty. I used broccoli and zucchini and would skip the broccoli next time, flavorwise.

30. KS

December 7, 2012 at 11:44 am

I made this last weekend and it turned out great! Was wondering if I could substitute the ricotta cheese with cottage chese?

December 7, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Yes! Cottage cheese is a great replacement for ricotta!

31. KS

December 7, 2012 at 11:43 am

I made this last weekend and it was awesome! Just wondering if I could substitue the Ricotta with cottage cheese?

32. Pingback: I Cleaned, I Sewed, I Conquered - Stitchery Dickory Dock

33. Denise DeFanti

October 11, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Please add me to your mailing list. Thank you.

34. Emily

October 8, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I made it this weekend and it was super easy and really delicious! I doubled the veggies and froze most of it. Both my partner and my toddler loved it!

35. Pingback: veggie lasagna. | minkgo

36. Courtney

September 10, 2012 at 1:51 pm

One question, is there any way to cook this faster? Has anyone tried cooking it on high? I don’t have 4 hrs before dinner needs to be done!?

• Julie

October 21, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I found out the hard way it doesn’t work to cook on high. I was doing too many things at once while getting a three and four year old out the door to a party. I put everything in the crock pot, set the switch to four hours and left. Sadly, when I got home I remembered that four hours on my crock pot is HIGH. It was dried out and could not be salvaged.

September 10, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I haven’t tried it on high because I think it would burn before cooking through!

37. Shannon Segil

August 23, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Yum! Catherine, do you think Dave’s Gormet Butternut Squash pasta sauce would be good with this or should I just stick with the old Barilla Marinara? Thanks!

38. Tina

August 2, 2012 at 9:58 am

Simply amazing!!!! I used only zucchinis, and i made it with 3 layers of noodles. It was so easy and sooo delicious!!! I am so glad I found this website ;)

39. Pingback: Mexican Recipes

40. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – May 7 | Dunaway Dietetics

41. Robin

March 19, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I just wanted to say thanks again for a wonderful recipe! My son gobbled this up and asked for more and my husband told me it was one best lasagna he’s ever had!

42. mebrr

March 2, 2012 at 8:37 am

Catherine- thank you for this recipe. We are traveling and living in a small space but happen to have our crock pot…but we are vegetarians so it’s not overly useful. Lasagne is cooking and we will have a delicious lunch– not another trip to subway yet again today!

43. Kari

February 9, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Thanks for such an incredibly easy and amazing recipe! My 17 month old devoured this and had no idea that cauliflower, shitakes, zucchini and onions were in there :)

44. Emily

January 31, 2012 at 9:27 am

We made this last night with zucchini, carrots, and onions and it was a huge hit. My 16 month old kept asking for more and got frustrated when it wasn’t getting to her fast enough. My husband, who doesn’t care for zucchini even liked it and wanted to definitely make it again.
    The only thing I noticed was that at the end of the 4 hour cooking time, everything was done perfectly for our daughter to eat. However, when my husband and I sat down after she went to sleep the noodles were a little gluey. I think that can be fixed with taking the top off so that the lasagna doesn’t continue to heat.

45. Pingback: Crockpot lasagna – We got fed

46. Kellie

December 29, 2011 at 10:01 am

sounds good! do you cook the veggies first?

47. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday–December 26 | Dunaway Dietetics

48. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday–December 19 | Dunaway Dietetics

49. Brighid Murphy

December 2, 2011 at 10:25 pm

DELISH. I did add an extra layer of noodles and a bit of extra sauce, but overall, this recipe is FANTASTIC. Used mushrooms and zucchini as well as whole wheat noodles. Will totally make again.

50. Hdblue

November 30, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Is that 2 cups each of the veggies or 2 cups of just one of my choice?

51. Emily Marin

November 26, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Can I use frozen spinach?

52. Pingback: Slow Cooker Vegetable Lasagna Recipe

53. LAUREEN

October 20, 2011 at 2:26 pm

We LOVE vegetable lasagna. But sadly I don’t have a crock pot. I can’t find one in Paris – France.
    How could I cook them without the crock pot ?
    Thank you for all those recipes and inspirational lunch boxes.
    I discovered you website thanks to GOOP and have told many people about it.

54. Tanya

October 19, 2011 at 8:11 am

Made this and it turned out nice. It was quick and easy which lasagna usually isn’t. I used skim milk mozarella and low fat ricotta. I like the fact that the veggies are finely cut so it allowed me to put veggies my kids don’t normally eat. Will make again.

55. Kelly

October 17, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Just made this tonight with Kamut lasagna noodles, Swiss chard, squash, zucchini, mushrooms and cottage cheese…it was delicious! A great way of getting the kids to eat the not-so-popular veggies. Thanks!

56. Rachelle

October 10, 2011 at 9:58 am

Do you have to use oven-ready lasagna noodles?? Could you email me back directly as well?

57. Pingback: Monday’s Menu: Crock Pot Veggie Lasagna

58. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday–October 3 | Dunaway Dietetics

59. achalaron

October 1, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I made this tonight with whole wheat noodles, broccoli, cauliflower, yellow squash and zucchini. It was delicious! It was a bit watery, but still looked great on the plate. Now I just have to figure out how to make a version without cow’s milk so that my 12mo can eat it with us…

60. Samantha

September 29, 2011 at 9:58 pm

This recipe is a big hit here! Thank you so much. I never would have thought to do lasagna in a crock pot.

61. Pingback: Slow Cooking Monday to Friday | Food it Forward

62. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday–September 26 | Dunaway Dietetics

63. Chris B

September 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm

How critical is the egg? Can I omit it? My toddler is allergic to eggs.

September 26, 2011 at 5:36 pm

It holds the filling better, but you can omit it :)

64. Diane

September 20, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I made this recipes with cremini mushrooms, zucchini and spinach (thawed from frozen and liquid squeezed out). It turned out great for me, was not overly watery, after 4 hrs on low. My crock pot runs hot though, and I used whole wheat noodles which stand up better to longer cooking time. My kids liked it a lot too, even though it had “green stuff” in it, and my husband asked that this be added to our regulars.

65. Julie

September 20, 2011 at 10:53 am

Would you adjust cooking time if you added (cooked) ground turkey to this? Or would 4 hrs still enough? Also, I plan to make this using the weelicious sauce recipe – no jarred sauce compares!!

66. Kristen

September 18, 2011 at 6:48 pm

This was a great recipe, thank you! One little tip I saw somewhere else is that if you like your lasagne with crunchy bits, take the lid off for the last half hour or so and the noodles will get crunchy around the edges. It also helps to take away some of the moisture.

67. Lori

September 18, 2011 at 1:15 pm

This was ok. My crock cooked this in 3 hrs w/burnt edges on low. Also it was a big mistake to use broccoli. ugh, left a funky taste throughout.

• Lori

September 18, 2011 at 1:16 pm

adding, used no-boil noodles & it worked great!

68. Andrea

September 17, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Oh boy….did anyone else make this lasagna with less than desirable results? I did something wrong because my lasagna turned out very, very watery. I know that a little excess liquid is par for the course with vegetable lasagnas but this didn’t seem right. It was almost soupy. Also, the ricotta became grainy! What happened? (I used fresh spinach, mushrooms, onion, garlic and red peppers as my vegetables. I know spinach and mushrooms give off liquid when cooked but they were listed in the recipe so I thought they would be fine). I should mention that the aroma and flavors of the lasagna were excellent! I had such high hopes :(

• Lori

September 18, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Peppers & onions give off a lot of water when cooked down…

69. Sarah

September 16, 2011 at 4:30 am

After going to the store myself and talking to a friend, I now realize you can only buy the no-boil lasagna here in Sweden:-( So I’ll try it and see what happens….

70. Lani

September 15, 2011 at 8:18 pm

My family loved this! I will definitely do this again! Thank you for a great, healthy meal!

71. Mikal

September 15, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Not trying to be catty at all…but she said in a couple posts that just the regular ol’ lasagna noodles are what she used. Hope that helps Sarah.

72. Sarah

September 15, 2011 at 1:50 pm

My husband accidentally got the no-boil noodles instead of regular–can I use the no-boil noodles or Will it be too mushy or Will I need to adjust the cook time?

73. Ashlee

September 15, 2011 at 1:01 pm

What size box of lasagna did you use? I feel like I didn’t do something right. I still had 1/2 a box of noodles left of my 13.25oz box of dry lasagna! I had 3 layers of noodles in my 3.5 qt crockpot. Should I have doubled up the layers of noodles? TIA!

• Devon

September 20, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I ended up with 1/2 the box of noodles left too but I only did 2 layers (I thought that’s all the recipe called for). Now I’m upset because I think I did something wrong =(

• Ann Dunaway Teh

October 8, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I put an extra layer of noodles on before the sauce on top and mozzarella cheese. I think it should have 3 layers of noodles and just 2 of the filling topped off with the sauce and mozzarella. I also used the no-boil noodles and it worked great!

74. Diane

September 15, 2011 at 11:41 am

I always cook with the crockpot liners too. No clean up!

For taking a lasagna out of the crockpot, I have seen people take two pieces of heavy duty foil, fold them in half, and then crisscross them in the bottom of the crockpot before putting in all of the ingredients. This is supposed to let you lift it out of the crockpot when it is done if it is a casserole type dish. I’m now sure how this would work with a lasagna (or with the liners either!).

75. Barbara

September 15, 2011 at 10:36 am

i worry about the time too. I leave at 7 in the morning and nobody is home until at least 4pm. How would it turn out if it cooks on low for 4 hours and then sits on warm for the remainder?

76. Carrie

September 15, 2011 at 12:56 am

Just wondering how you get the lasagna OUT of a round crock pot?

77. Carolyn

September 14, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Just one thing to add: SLOW COOKER LINER. Have you seen these? It means you don’t have to soak your crockpot when done! A quick wash and you’re through. They are by Reynolds, they are the same as the cooking bags for poultry etc. (wide edge is the open side, fits oval crockpots; my round crockpot can use the poultry bags which open on the short side) Oh, and the recipe looks wonderful!

78. Rachael

September 14, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Totally want to make this tomorrow since I realized I didn’t prepare enough leftovers from tonight’s meal! BUT don’t have ricotta cheese and may not have a full jar of sauce. I have all the rest on hand and a container of the new Philly Cheese mixes– the Italian kind. Would that work as a sub for ricotta? What about a sub for the sauce?

• Tracy

September 15, 2011 at 12:37 am

I’m also looking for a ricotta sub. I’m just not a fan of ricotta, for some reason. I have sometime seen cottage cheese used instead of ricotta…I think?

• Kristin

September 18, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I don’t like ricotta either – would even go so far as to say I hate it. I do what my mom always did for me: Mix cottage cheese with an egg, salt, and pepper, and replace the ricotta with that.

I’ll be making this this week, and this is what I’ll do. Excited for this recipe!

• Emily

September 15, 2011 at 3:48 pm

You can also puree the cottage cheese to make it smooth like ricotta. Greek yogurt works well, too.

• Sara

September 15, 2011 at 6:36 am

I always use cottage cheese in place of ricotta, works perfectly!

79. Erika E.

September 14, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Speaking of crock pots. I’ve seen those liners at the store and wonderin if they’re safe to cook in since they are plastic? Sorry this has nothing to do with the recipe.

• Wendy

September 15, 2011 at 10:45 am

I’ve used those liners and they work really well. No cleanup at all, and no problems.

80. Krissy

September 14, 2011 at 4:28 pm

This looks delic. I’m not a pasta fan myself, but my DH LOVES Lasagna, so hopefully this will be something he likes. Wondering tho, if perhaps some sausage or ground beef would work in this? Cooked of corse.
    I too love my crocks….all 6 of them. When DH and I marrked 10 years ago, we recieved 6 for wedding gifts. All have lasted ages….and the great part is that they vary in sizes. I do find I use my 6 QT crock more than any of the others, and I prefer the ones with removable bowls, vs the all in one….so much easier for clean up.

81. Mandy

September 14, 2011 at 4:28 pm

This vegetarian is super excited to try out this recipe! Like someone already said, vegetarian crock pot recipes are not always easy to come by. Thanks Catherine! I’m away all day and would have to have it set to low for 10 hrs. Is that way way too long for this? Someone suggested a timer, but I’m still wondering about the extended cooking time! Thanks!

82. esophian

September 14, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I’m also looking for a new crockpot. I got one and made the oatmeal and the sides got REALLY stuck and burned. that never happened in my old crockpot. I don’t want a huge one (maybe medium size?) and would be happy to spend up to $50.

83. Angela

September 14, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I can’t wait to try this! It sounds delicious. Ingredients are on my next shopping list.

84. Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama

September 14, 2011 at 2:18 pm

I’m excited to try this!

• Camille

February 4, 2014 at 6:49 am

Susan Pacheco / Am I too late? Got any room for late entries? I think you shuold extend the deadline because this Turkey recipe is really worth it.MAPLE ROASTED TURKEY WITH SAGE AND SMOKED BACON1.5 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature1/2 bunch fresh sage, leaves finely choppedKosher salt and freshly ground black pepper1 (12-14 pound) fresh turkey1 cup chicken stock1 cup pure maple syrup1/4 cup hot water8 strips thick cut smoked bacon1/4 cup all-purpose flour1/2 lemon, juicedPreheat over to 350 degrees F and remove the top rack.Blend chopped sage and softened butter to a paste.Remove the neck and gizzards from the inside of the turkey and discard. Rinse the bird thoroughly inside and out with cold waer, pat dry. Sprinkle the cavity and skin liberally with salt and pepper. Using your fingers, gently life the skin from the breast and legs, and slip pieces of sage butter underneath; massaging it in as you go. Truss the turkey; place it on a rack in a large roasting pan, and put into the oven.Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and hotwater to thin the glaze out a bit; use this to baste the turkey every 30 minutes. Turkey shoudl take about 3 hours to cook (i.e. 15-20 minutes/pound). If legs, breast or wings brown too quickly, cover with foil. About 2 hours into cooking, shingle the strips of bacon over the turkey breast to cover; continue to roast and baste for another hour or so. The turkey is done when a thermometer inserted into the meatest part of the thigh registers 170 degress F (The thigh juices will also run clear when pricked with a knife.) Transfer turkey to a cuttin gboard and let rest for 20 minutes before caring, so the juices can settle back into the meat.Skim off the excess fat from pan drippings with a spoon and place the roasting pan over 2 burners set on medium-high heat. Scrape up brown bits stuck to bottom of pan. Whisk flour into the drippings, stirring as it thickens to prevent lumps. Add remaining chicken stock and bring to a simmer; season with salt and pepper, and hit it with a squeeze of lemon juice to brighten color and reduce some of the sweetness from the maple syrup. Simmer for 5 minuts and strain to remove any lumps.

85. Rose

September 14, 2011 at 1:54 pm

You can tell we’re a bunch of busy moms because people aren’t taking the time to read comments before posting a question (that may have already been asked, over and over again) ;-)

• Sarah

September 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Catharine is so poilite with her answers ;)

86. Goldie

September 14, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Hi Catherine…thank you so much! I’m married to an Italian so Lasagne is a must in our home but I don’t always have the time! This sounds wonderful! I have one question…I have a large crock (I believe a 6qt)…will this recipe work for that or will I need to increase the amounts? Thank you so much for your time and your site!

September 14, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I have a 6 qt crock pot too and it worked perfectly! You can use any size crock pot for the recipe. Some will just be thicker then others, but equally delicious!

87. Threya

September 14, 2011 at 12:43 pm

For those wondering about the noodles, I’ve made a crock pot lasagna a few times before and just used regular (whole wheat) noodles that were not boiled first. They cooked just fine. Hope that helps!

88. Raquel

September 14, 2011 at 11:39 am

Can you use frozen veggies instead of fresh? Please let me know, excited to use this recipe as well!

September 14, 2011 at 1:10 pm

If you defrost the frozen veggies it should e fine. You don’t want to put them in frozen b/c there will be too much water in them.

89. Diane

September 14, 2011 at 11:15 am

I’m also curious about the number of layers in the picture vs the recipe and whether these are no boil noodles.

90. Jaime

September 14, 2011 at 10:21 am

I am also wanting to know if this is using the no boil noodles and if it’s 2 cups of each veggie or 2 cups total? Looking forward to making this!

Thanks so much, I love my crock pot too and do the whole chicken recipe I found on your site all the time!

• Yung

February 5, 2014 at 12:28 am

I get the Kraft magazine quetarrly and have a couple of easy recipes that we like out of there. Our fast food is the Sweet and Sour meatballs: 1pkg frozen meatballs, 1 pkg stir fry veggies, apricot jam, soy sauce, catalina dressing (can’t remember amounts). Heat on the stove in one skillet until warm. Serve over rice. Yum. Not the best thing in the world but much better than McDonald’s and all pantry items.

• Sarah

September 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

I *think* it is two cups total.

91. anya

September 14, 2011 at 10:16 am

can I use no boil noodles that is what I need to use up in my house?

September 14, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Regular lasagna noodles are perfect!

92. pracheta

September 14, 2011 at 10:15 am

I’m a vegetarian & this recipe definetly hit the spot. Please do post more veg -friendly crock-pot recipes, as they are hard to find.
    Can you please clarify whether these are regular or no-boil noodles?

93. Jenny

September 14, 2011 at 10:09 am

I’m also looking for crock pot recipes, but ones that are yummy. My question is also about the noodles, boil first or no?

September 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm

No boil :)

94. Tyler

September 14, 2011 at 9:41 am

Looks great! Do you think this would work with tinkyada rice lasagna noodles? Would I need to slightly cook them first? My youngest (18 months) is gluten free, but loves Italian food!

September 14, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I think it would work perfectly. I wouldn’t pre-boil them.

95. janelle weems

September 14, 2011 at 9:37 am

Im so excited! definitely will be making this next week! =)

96. Amanda

September 14, 2011 at 9:30 am

I have never made Lasagna and have been wanting to try one ! This will be my first!

97. KDurrin

September 14, 2011 at 9:03 am

Is there such a thing as gluten-free lasagna noodles?

• lorrie

September 14, 2011 at 9:57 am

Yes : ) I know Whole Foods carries them and I’m on my way to see if my regular grocery store has them : )

• Janelle

January 18, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Deboles (in the blue box) are great gluten free noodles – no cook… I’m making this right now!

98. Emily

September 14, 2011 at 8:44 am

Catherine, bless you for posting this recipe. Thanks!

99. Heather

September 14, 2011 at 8:28 am

I have been pondering getting a crock pot because of some new after-school schedules. Any recommendations for crock pot models?

100. Sarah

September 14, 2011 at 7:52 am

Excited to try this, though waiting on the answers to the above Q’s.

LOVE my crock pot. Do you have a section devoted to crock pot/slow cooker recipes?

101. Kellee B

September 14, 2011 at 7:36 am

Did you double the recipe for the picture? I’m only seeing where it calls for two layers of lasagna noodles. I’m ask because I’ve made a crockpot lasagna before, and it also only called for 2 layers of noodles, which seems like a short lasagna to me. Love the idea of making it veggie though, so I don’t have to saute the meat. Thanks!

• Fabio

February 4, 2014 at 9:54 pm

it was over in only 15 min. at the gravesite. You know I live with her when I was 6 yrs old when mohetr(Nanny) was in the T B hospital and then again when I was in the and mohetr4th grade and mohetr was sick. So she was like a 2nd mohetr to me. The last time I saw her was at your baby shower. She was so sharpe and so much fun as usual. I loved her so much! Hope to see you this summer!

September 14, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Nope, the picture is just like the recipe! Because you have to break some of the lasagna noodles to fit the crock pot it may look like more noodles, but the recipe is correct.

102. Nici

September 14, 2011 at 7:31 am

Ooh, i want to try this. Same questions as above.
    I’m assuming the noodles aren’t cooked first. Could I just use any veggie? Squash, chard, etc? I’m trying to stay in season with Michigan.

September 14, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Squash and chard would be delicious!

103. Kristi

September 14, 2011 at 7:30 am

I’m always looking for crock pot recipes and this one looks great, but I’m out of the house for 9 hours. Would this dry out if left in that long?

• Amy F.

September 14, 2011 at 7:55 am

You can always plug your crock pot into a timer!

• Christin

September 18, 2011 at 5:10 am

Oh my word!! What a great idea.

104. Linda

September 14, 2011 at 7:02 am

I wondered also, no-boil noodles used? Or cook regular lasagne noodles first? Also, 2 cups total variety of veggies only? Or 2 cups of each listed? Forgive my “duh” moment. Recipe looks wonderful!

September 14, 2011 at 12:49 pm

It’s 2 cups total for the veggies. You can use a mix of anything you’ve got on hand. Regular lasagna noodles work perfectly!

105. Jennifer

September 14, 2011 at 6:23 am

Assuming you are using no-boil noodles? :) I just made lasagna last night the old fashioned way or I would totally make this tonite!

September 14, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I used regular lasagna noodles.

106. Jenn

September 14, 2011 at 5:03 am

Looks great- I was going to make a spinach lasagna for dinner tonight, but will try this instead!