Ready for a game-changing recipe that’s not only delicious but also perfect for getting those picky eaters to embrace their veggies. This Kid-Friendly Crock-Pot Veggie Lasagna is a delightful twist on a beloved classic that’s bound to make mealtime a breeze. Dive into a world where flavor meets convenience, all while secretly loading up on nourishing veggies!
The most frequent dinnertime complaints weelicious readers share with me is their lack of time. I totally get it. It’s tough trying to get a balanced, nutritious meal on the dinner table when you only have a limited amount of time in which to make it. That is why whenever I need an easy-to-prepare meal I can be sure the whole family will love, I get out my crock pot. From prep to clean up, it is the biggest time saving appliance I own!
This Crock Pot Veggie Lasagna is one of my biggest, most recent crock pot success stories and it only took me a few minutes to put the whole thing together. No sautéing or stove-watching required. Just chop your veggies, mix the cheeses and layer everything into the slow cooker. By the time you get home from picking up the kids at school and an afternoon of errands, this delicious dinner will be waiting for you — just take the lid off and serve.
Why I Love This Recipe
- Easy to Assemble: With a few simple steps, you’ll layer uncooked noodles, creamy ricotta, veggies, and melty cheese in your Crock-Pot. No boiling noodles required – just a quick, satisfying assembly.
- Veggie Sneak Attack: I get it – veggies and kids don’t always mix. But with this recipe, you’re effortlessly blending colorful vegetables into layers of cheesy goodness. Your little ones will devour those nutrients without even realizing it!
- Perfect for Busy Days: Whether you’re tackling a busy workday or juggling family commitments, Crock-Pot Veggie Lasagna ensures a hearty and satisfying meal without the fuss.
Ingredients for Crock-Pot Veggie Lasagna
- Vegetables of choice: You’ll need about 2 cups total for this recipe. Choose whatever you like, or have on hand! Zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and/or spinach are great options.
- Ricotta cheese: I’ve had readers substitute cottage cheese for the ricotta cheese in this recipe with no issues!
- Parmesan cheese: This recipe calls for grated parmesan.
- Dried Italian herbs: To add that delicious Italian flavor we all know and love.
- Egg: Adding an egg helps keep everything together, but if you have an egg allergy you can leave it out.
- Jarred pasta sauce: The ultimate time-saver is using your favorite store-bought pasta sauce, but bonus points for making yours homemade.
- Lasagna noodles: This recipe calls for just regular lasagna noodles, uncooked.
- Mozzarella cheese: This is where all the cheesy goodness comes in!
*Please refer to the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements
How to Make Veggie Lasagna in the Crock-Pot
- Purée the veggies: Place the vegetables in a food processor and pulse to roughly chop.
- Make cheese mixture: Place the ricotta, parmesan cheese, herbs, garlic powder, salt and egg in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Start to layer: Pour half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a crock pot. Place a layer of noodles on top of the sauce, covering the entire surface, breaking the noodles to fit the pot.
- Add ricotta and veggies layers: Layer half of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles, followed by 1 cup of the chopped vegetables and then one cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat: Repeat with another layer of noodles, followed by the remaining ricotta mixture and the chopped vegetables.
- Finish layering: Pour the remaining pasta sauce on top of the lasagna and top with the remaining cup of the grated cheese.
- Cook and serve: Cook on low for 4 hours. Serve.
More Quick and Easy Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Vegetable Ziti
- Beef Stew in the Crock Pot
Crock-Pot Veggie Lasagna is your secret weapon for making veggies a delightful part of your family’s routine. You’ll be shocked how these slyly nutritious layers entice even the most selective eaters. So, gather your ingredients, let the Crock-Pot work its magic, and savor the satisfaction of nourishing your family, one cheesy, veggie-packed square at a time.
Photos by Gerry Speirs
Crock Pot Veggie Lasagna
- slow cooker
- 2 cups vegetables, chopped (zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and/or spinach are great options)
- 1 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 25 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 box lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Place the vegetables in a food processor and pulse to roughly chop.
- Place the ricotta, parmesan cheese, herbs, garlic powder, salt and egg in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Place a layer of noodles on top of the sauce, covering the entire surface, breaking the noodles to fit the pot.
- Layer half of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles, followed by 1 cup of the chopped vegetables and then one cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with another layer of noodles, followed by the remaining ricotta mixture and the chopped vegetables.
- Pour the remaining pasta sauce on top of the lasagna and top with the remaining cup of the grated cheese.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.