Moroccan food is full of flavorful spices, and this chermoula sauce is no exception! Parsley, cilantro, and cumin are combined into a chunky sauce that pairs perfectly with creamy greek yogurt and caramelized carrots.
Fresh herbs add a certain brightness to recipes, and this chermoula sauce will liven up anything you put it on. You can serve this alongside just about any entree, like Moroccan Chicken, Herb Brined Pork Chops, or Vegetarian Tagine.
Caramelized Carrots with Chermoula
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and toss to throughly coat.
- Bake carrots for 35-40 minutes or until golden and fork tender.
- While carrots are roasting place herbs, garlic cloves, cumin, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 cup olive oil in a blender and pulse until combined and slightly chunky.
- Serve roast carrots with chermoula sauce and greek yogurt