Finding appetizers for your New Year's celebration that both kids and adults will love isn't always an easy task. There are my tried and true choices like little shots of soup (appears fancy for the grown ups and fun for little ones) or Mac, Chicken & Cheese Bites (who doesn't like mac n cheese), and of course veggies and dip are reliable. But this New Year's Eve, I'm going with Stuffed Mushrooms. I've already made them several times this year and everyone seems to love them.
Filled with spinach, parmesan and bread crumbs, they are little bites of yumminess and, dare I say, a perfect way for everyone, no matter what their age, to ring in the New Year!
Stuffed Mushrooms (Makes 20 Mushrooms)
- 1 8 oz Package White or Cremini Mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 10 oz Box Chopped Frozen Spinach, defrosted and drained well
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, plus more for brushing onto mushrooms if desired
- 1 Tsp Dried Italian Herbs
- 1/4 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Small Garlic Clove, minced
- Olive Oil, for drizzling
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove and discard stems from mushrooms and clean caps with a damp towel to remove any dirt.
3. Add the drained spinach to a bowl along with the parmesan, olive oil, Italian herbs, salt, garlic, and bread crumbs.
4. Mix to combine the ingredients.
5. Spoon filling evenly into mushroom caps, lightly brush each mushroom cap with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until mushrooms are tender.