Costumes, school parties, trick or treating. For parents, Halloween can be exhausting.....but at the same time a lot of fun. With all the craziness and excitement of the big day, how do we get everything done and feed the kids too? Just make a big batch of these Pizza Mummies in the morning and all you have to do before everyone shows up for the big fashion show is toss them in the oven for a few minutes. Chances are your kids may be even more amused by your Pizza Mummies than they are about everyone's costumes!
Pizza Mummies (serves 2)
- 2 english muffins, cut in half
- 8 teaspoons Pizza Sauce
- 2 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 3 green olives with pimentos
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 400℉.
2. Place the English muffin halves on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
3. Remove muffins from oven and spread 2 teaspoons of the pizza sauce onto each English muffin half.
4. Peel the mozzarella sticks into strings and decoratively arrange them on top of each English muffin. Slice the green olives into 1/4 inch thick rings and place them on top of the cheese to create eyes.*
5. Bake mummies for 3 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
* If making mummies in the morning to eat later in the day, after this step place muffins on a plate, cover loosely with tin foil and refrigerate. When ready to serve, continue with step 5.