Pie dough just makes me happy. It’s such fun to work with whether you make it homemade or buy your favorite prepackaged brand. You can use cookie cutters to turn it into fun shapes and fill it with an unlimited variety of fillings from savory to sweet.
Even better than the final product, though, is making them with your kids. These Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts are simple to make, don’t use a ton of ingredients and bake up to a golden perfection for Halloween or really any time. They’re so simple to whip up I got the gang at The Chew to make them with me!
You can find this recipe and tons more like it in Weelicious Lunches!
If you want all the ingredients for these sent straight to your door, you can add them to your One Potato box along with your meals for the week!
Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 recipe pie dough (store bought works too)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough to 1/4-inch thick. Use a pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out about 20 pumpkin shapes. Use a paring knife to cut-out pumpkin faces in half of the pumpkin shapes.
- Place one pumpkin (without any cut-outs) on a floured surface and place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center. Use a spoon to spread the filling almost to the edges. Lightly dip your finger into water and rub the edge of the pumpkin dough shape with the water. Top with a cut-out pumpkin and lightly press the edges together to seal. Repeat with the remaining shapes and filling.
- Place the tarts on your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown.