How to Make the Freshest Whipped Cream

One of the great indulgences in life is fresh whipped cream.

Instead of reaching for the shaky can of aerosol whip or the big plastic tub of airy foam, follow this super simple recipe to make the freshest, fluffiest, creamiest whipped cream you'll ever taste.

Top it on Pancakes, Hot Chocolate, Pie or straight off a spoon.

Just watch and see!

Comments

1. Monty

August 7, 2013 at 9:34 am

Though this video is good, I am surprised that people didn’t know you could whip cream at home. In my country it was always done at home as whipped cream in cans isn’t available and is more of a urban society thing (as so many other food is). You don’t even need this fancy equipment to make it!

Just put the heavy cream in a deep bowl, use a whisk (egg beater type) and keep whipping away and add regular sugar till it thickens. Voila.

I am surprised in America people are so far advanced that we have forgotten to make simple things at home and opt for canned food. All these canned food companies are to blame.

2. Victoria

August 6, 2013 at 2:52 pm

The BEST way to sweeten whipped cream is with PURE MAPLE SYRUP! It goes magically with the buttery taste of the fresh cream. Try it!

3. Susan

August 6, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Curious on your thoughts on sweetening with honey vs confectioners sugar. I love the subtle complexity that honey can give whipped cream.

4. Lindsey

August 6, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I love making my whipped cream. I do it just like this but I add a little vanilla. Thanks for sharing your video!

5. peachy2323

May 18, 2013 at 12:47 am

The recipe worked great love your videos

6. peachy2323

May 18, 2013 at 12:44 am

I put the bowl in the freezer for about 10minuets and made whipped it’s because if I don’t put the bowl in the freezer it won’t work

7. peachy2323

May 18, 2013 at 12:41 am

I made whipped cream

8. peachy2323

May 17, 2013 at 11:51 pm

How long would whipped cream last?love your videos

May 18, 2013 at 9:11 am

I have kept whipped cream for several days at a time!

• Gerlin

February 3, 2014 at 4:08 am

Yeah, I knew someone would catch that, and I feuirgd it would probably be you. It’s one of a couple things that I knew I needed to fix but didn’t bother to do.As you can see, the comments aren’t very polished either. I’ll get around to that eventually.

9. Karen D

March 8, 2013 at 8:42 pm

My daughter has me turned on to your web-site. I love the whipped cream, so there will be no more canned cream for me.

10. Meredith B

February 23, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Just got a mixer as a birthday gift and remembered your simple recipe for whipped cream. So excited to try this as my first recipe attempt!! But a quick question, if I use the full 16 oz container, for how long will it stay fresh? (my apologies if you’ve answered this already) Thanks for all your amazing recipes, our family loves them!

February 25, 2013 at 11:16 am

Whipped cream is really best used immediately, but it will keep for about 2 days. By the next day you might need to slightly rewhip it to bring back the fluffiness! So exciting about your birthday gift!!

11. Shannon

February 3, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I have a Kitchenaid hand mixer that has whisk beaters. I’ll pour the whipping cream in a tall glass and attach just one of the whisks for an easy single serving.

February 4, 2013 at 11:17 am

Great tip!

12. Stephanie

January 26, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Do you have a recipe for the delicious looking heart shaped treats in the picture for the whipped cream video?

January 28, 2013 at 1:06 am

I do and they will be posted soon!

13. Joan Krueger

January 24, 2013 at 12:48 am

Love homemade whipped cream:)

14. joan juchemich

January 23, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I am 58 years old and I finally have a Kitchenaid. I have always wanted one. thanks to you and QVC I was able to get one on easy pay. I have been having a ball making MARSHMALLOWS> Both plain and toasted coconut. LOve it. Thanks for your creativeness in kitchen products!!!!

15. Jeff

January 23, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I add Jack Daniel’s to mine. It has a far more complex flavor, and roughly the same alcohol content as vanilla extract. And when topping my Jack and Coke cake, a match made in Heaven.

16. Andy

January 23, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Also if you freeze the whip attachment and the bowl it accelerates the process. Vanilla extract is a nice addition too!

17. diane

January 23, 2013 at 9:00 am

once again I am looking for the written recipe. very frustrating – I don’t understand why if I click on the email photo it takes me to a video but no written recipe. so I put whip cream in the search and it has 31 choices, I find the whip cream& click on it and it takes me back to the video. Why can’t the written recipe be right there?????

January 23, 2013 at 11:16 am

I do video recipes and I do written recipes! If there is already a written recipe to go with the day’s video then there will be a link to it in the written description of the video! In this case, there isn’t really a set recipe which is why I don’t have dedicated post for the Whipped Cream. Although, most of my video posts do have a written recipe to go with them!

You just put the heavy cream (any amount you want, I would do about 1/2 to 1 cup or the entire container!) into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium to high for about 3 minutes. Once it starts to thicken, sprinkle in some powdered sugar (I use about 2-3 tablespoons per carton of cream). Then crank the mixer up to high speed and continue beating until it is light and fluffy! You can use more or less cream, more or less sugar, you can add vanilla extract. It’s totally versatile and you can make it to suit your needs!

• Jaan

February 4, 2014 at 7:25 pm

My older kids are going to VBS this week. I feel a little glituy because I don’t miss them at all nope, not at all! Enjoying peace and quiet while the baby naps and spending a little time with the baby without big brothers interfering. I think we need more VBS

18. T. R. Alvarez

January 22, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Homemade whipped cream is SOOOOOOO much better than that canned and tub stuff they sell at the supermarket. The canned stuff tends to have a metalic aftertaste and you will notice that once you’ve had fresh whipped cream. It’s the easiest thing to make, and you can flavor it with pure extracts like vanilla and orange to add a subtle flavor. Perfect for topping fruit, ice cream, cakes, french toast, waffles, and pancakes too! It’s worth the extra few minutes to make it and once you do, you’ll wonder why you spent all those years buying the “other” stuff.

19. Nicola

January 22, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I grew up in South Africa but live in New Zealand now. I love your videos but was gobsmacked by this one as it’s so simple (I know that’s exactly what you’re about!). I was just amazed that people wouldn’t know more about using homemade whipped cream, as that’s all we do. We would NEVER use a can. I don’t know anyone in my circle who does, although I have tasted it before and it totally doesn’t compare to fresh cream! Love your videos, and keep up the good work! You’re an inspiration!

20. debbie

January 22, 2013 at 5:42 pm

can the fresh whip cream be stored? what’s it’s shelf life?

• Nicola

January 22, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Fresh whipped cream must be refrigerated and will keep for 2-3 days but is best used the same day. It’s better to whip smaller quantities if you don’t need a lot, as fresh, unwhipped cream will keep until its use-by date in the fridge. We get it in bottles, not cartons, in New Zealand, so not sure of the ‘fridge-life’ of the cartons.