How to Make Roasted Carrot Hummus Video

Both of my kids are back in school and that means I'm full on back to making school lunch. I've been letting Kenya and Chloe flip through Weelicious Lunches to pick out which recipes they are most excited about so it's easier for me to predict what they'll want to eat in the future. One of the recipes they both requested was my Roasted Carrot Hummus.

Hummus is a lifesaver, especially for kids and adults who favor a vegetarian diet. Packed with beans, this dip (which works equally well as a sandwich spread) is protein rich. If you've only had classic hummus, you should definitely try this variation which gets its incredibly deep flavor from the caramelized roast carrots. Even my husband is addicted to it! This quick video will show you just how easy it is to make.

Comments

1. Sandy

September 30, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I am holding out my book orders until the kids Book Fair this Fall. So, I made a version of this recipe – which is to say I used leftover steamed carrots and estimated the measurements. It’s pretty tasty! I used Natural almond butter and sill needed a drizzle of olive oil to get the smooth texture, I think the roasted carrots would bring a richer flavor. I will definitely make this recipe again. great heslthly football Saturday snack.

2. Lynn Christi

September 29, 2013 at 6:55 am

How much peanut butter in roasted carrot hummad

3. Transfit

September 23, 2013 at 4:29 pm

This looks and sounds delicious – can’t wait to try it! Thank you for sharing!

4. Ashley

September 14, 2013 at 10:56 am

Thank you for your continued effort in developing and sharing such wonderful recipes. My three boys and I enjoy your cookbooks, videos and emails highlighting new recipes! I am curious if wow butter (soy based non peanut alternative) would fair well as a substitute?

Kind regards,
    Ashley & the boys

September 16, 2013 at 10:36 am

Yes it would!

5. Jo

September 14, 2013 at 10:48 am

Sounds delish! I’m making this today for my hummus-loving family.

6. Mei Ling

September 13, 2013 at 3:42 am

I love the fantastic recipes!! thank you so much for doing this!!!

7. Mel

September 10, 2013 at 6:40 pm

How much peanut butter did you put in? I couldn’t hear if you said. Looking forward to making this tonight!

8. Christina

September 10, 2013 at 4:48 pm

What would you recommend to use instead of peanut butter? Most schools require nut-free lunches and snacks.
    Thanks :)

September 11, 2013 at 11:15 am

You could sunbutter or tahini!

9. sylvia

September 10, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Catherine,

I am waiting for my new book to arrive from Amazon so I can try this recipe! It looks fantastic! Thanks for all the years of freebies on your website that made me look like a super mom and great cook. Can’t wait to make this over the weekend for the kiddos when my book comes!

Warmly,
    A huge fan

10. Joan

September 10, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Roasted carrot hummus sounds wonderful. My kids don’t like regular hummus so I’d love to try the roasted carrot version of it for them. I get that you want to boost sales of your cookbook but if a recipe isn’t available on the weelicious website, I, personally, would prefer you not post anything about it here. I find it frustrating that I’m unable to get measurements for something you recommend here. Thank you.

11. Sharon

September 10, 2013 at 2:06 pm

What could you sub for the peanut butter if you have allergies?

September 11, 2013 at 11:16 am

You could use sunbutter or tahini!

12. sue

September 10, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Where can I find the recipe to see how much sunbutter, how many carrots etc.?

13. Hope

September 10, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Is this recipe on your website? I could not find it. It sounds like something my kids would love and I am not good at winging quantities. Thanks!

14. Maribel

September 10, 2013 at 11:17 am

What kind of peanut butter do you use. I noticed it was very runny.

September 10, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I use natural peanut butter!